Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 2 weeks ago, i was parked under some train tracks in brooklyn. it was a heavy thunderstorm and the rain would hit the tracks, and come down on my car. i thought it was just rainwater so no harm done.

the next day, my friend points out to about 6 or 7 oil-rainbow-colored marks the size of quarters on my hood. there was also one spot on the rear window but it had some black gunk stuck to it. im like wtf and i tried wiping it off but it wouldnt come off. my friend asked if i parked under train tracks and im like yea. he said it'll come off..its just the iron and grease from the rails and shit. im like i guess.

so today i washed my car and these spots are hard to come off! i go to the spot on the rear window and the oil spot comes off and i had to peel at the black gunk. it came off so my rear window is fine. but my hood still is not perfect. i look closer and 2 of the spots seemed to have "bubbled up" my paint. FUCK! i dont know if its the black gunk like the rear window but i tried peeling at it and it feels like its my paint. i washed my hood like 3 times..most of the spots came off except for the 2 bubbled up parts. i waxed over it..no difference.

anyone with the same experience? or anyone know wtf is that shit on my hood? is my paint fucked?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jstn said:
i think it may be an acura paint defect (the bubbling at least). my hood has a few bubbled areas. otherwise, use a claybar to try and remove the other contamination.
i dont know but it would be very coincidental that the bubbles are in the dead center of the oil spots.

so a claybar will remove any rough spots and make the entire paint smooth to the touch? how hard to i have to use the bar?

·
i ❤ macro.
2,252 Posts
Acid from bird droppings and tree sap eat at the paint so it's best to remove them as soon as you notice them. DO NOT WAIT.

I'd use a claybar and then some cleaner wax to remove the gunk. If your paint has bubbled up I really don't see much else you can do but bring it to your Acura dealer for an evaluation. How long did you let this stuff sit on your paint?

Claybarring tips can be found here:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=155279

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.