Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the whole guide step by step and I went ahead and started the job. i jacked the car up and looked on the driver's side of my transmission. I absolutely could not find a fill bolt or a drain bolt on that side near my axle. There are instead tiny 14mm bolts which seem to be holding the transmission. I looked all over the transmission and finally found what looks to the drain bolt on the opposite side of the transmission, facing the passenger side. However the fill bolt is nowhere to be seen. Any ideas???

My car is a 2003 base auto. I don't know if it makes a difference. I tried searching but it seems everyone's consensus is that it's on the driver's side and can be easily accessed by removing the wheel :/

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here's a picture of the drain bolt (?) I found on the other side of the tranny.

And here's a picture of the place where people are saying the drain and fill bolt should be.

:dontknow: :confused: I'm so confused.

·
VTEC Connoisseur
235 Posts
With the Base Auto the drain plug is pointing away from the driver's side. What you have pictured is the correct drain plug. There is no fill bolt on the automatics though. you put a funnel where the dipstick goes and fill it from there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts