Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
IDriveRichBoyCivic HERRO
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off I know i have seen this topic on here where a kid bent a rod or somthing and went threw alot of stuff cause they blamed it on his intake and such....So if this has been covered plese point me in the right direction. Also i just guess at where to throw this thread and well it is a BIG PROBLEM!

I took my car down to to the acura dealership on sat, monday i get a call letting me know my 1st,2nd,3rd gear is shot along with the shift fork and a shift acutator....somthing about the shift fork bent chipped off and went threw the tranny messing the other gears up....last night on my way to work i get a call back telling me that they are not going to cover it b/c of my modifications. I was like well i know of the written law that states that a warrantor cannot deny a claim unless the particular mods they have been claimed to have cause the problem can be prove by fact. His reply was well the aftermarket shift forks definately are going to void your warranty...Uhh my what? sir the only thing my car has is a intake and a catback exhasut system. "well then uh it must have been your other aftermarket parts. so this goes on with him for like 5 min...

never once got smart nor raised my voice...so he ends up giving me corporate service and then they try to feed me the same line of shit saying that any modifications done to a car will void the warranty! THere is nothing done to my tranny, shifter, cables, bushing etc. There was one guy on here who went to ethe same dealership with a Shortshifter and aftermarket bushing etc...

so if this isn't warrantied im looking at
-650$ to tear the tranny down.
-however much to put it back together the way it was so i can drive it home until i get another tranny
-a new tranny since its proly around the the same price as getting mine rebuilt 2kish..
-and loaner car...since my car isn't warrantied im sure ill have to pay for that
-so prolly around 4kish all said and done....?

I have
Tien SS coilovers
Injen CAI
HKS catback
A valve cover
Ingalls TD

links...suggestion...somthing people:pray: im sure ill get some flamers but life goes on.

·
Check REPTAR!!!!!!
15,879 Posts
you should find the thread on the law and take it to them. Then ask to talk to a superior and have him show you. They will try to bullshit you with 5th gear possibly hitting the CAI and causing the problem. Also bring the numbers of corporate customer service, better business bureau, and other places that say you mean business. but look for the thread

·
Banned
647 Posts
damn thats crazy. I remember when my shifter cable broke and was scared shitless because i thought they wouldnt cover it. I had comptech SS and aluminum shifter + transmission bushings. I had a loaner TSX and everything for about 4 days. I took my car to pohanka, they covered everything, i didnt have to pay shit........ but I also only had about 10-15,000 miles on the car....:dontknow:

I have heard that comptech parts are covered under your warranty so i dont know. maybe the fact that i had a comptechSS saved my ass. But you dont have any short shifter, bushings, etc....

·
I don't know you
16,615 Posts
when will you noobs learn to put the car to STOCK before you try to warranty a big item like that. jesus.

what's the bigger pain in the ass, swapping an intake, exhaust, and suspension or fucking dealign with some legal bullshit for a few months.

·
IDriveRichBoyCivic HERRO
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont know how i fucked it up honestly, i just put it in third and it grinds... doesn't engage at all 1 and 2 work fine but they say they are messed up.

And i was going to put my car back to stock but everyone told me it should be a problem cause it only two minor mods that dont effect the drivetrain. lol that doesn't make me a noob.

·
IDriveRichBoyCivic HERRO
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i suggest gettin the car back, reverting to stock, and take it to another dealer

Im sure it would probably be in the computer that the car was moded so that other dealerships can read it.

And to get my car back is 2,600$ and thats basicly what im going to have to do since i can't get any help from people, or atleast info . I can't get the price i paid for the warranty back and i can't get them to realize the Federal law of the Magnuson-Moss Act.....so im going to do a :self: move and pay the money and get my car back:firemad:

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
Yeah man that bull take that law into them with a full written copy they can deny your trans warrenty because fo that.

·
IDriveRichBoyCivic HERRO
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It started with me calling the dealership, they told me it wasn't their decision on rather or not to accept nor deny my warranty and gave me ACura corp. #.

So I called Acura corp. and they told me the same theing and gave me Acura Cares's number, since i have an extended warranty it is no longer in their hands..

Then I called Acura Care, explained the situation. They told me it was basicly my problem cause I had mods and that I needed to read my warranty terms again... I was like sir do you know of the federal law called the Magnuson Moss Act? He was like yes but your modifications void your warranty. I was like well i will have to talk to my lawyer He was like thats fine sir have a nice day and hugn up.

I would read over my warranty rules except they are in my golve box in a dealership almost 100 miles away from my house :¬/

I told the dealership i would call them tomorrow with my decision on if im paying for it to get fixxed or taking it home broke...so what do i tell the dealership since it isn't their problem....? that im working on talking to the Better Business Bureau and a lawyer and it's not my problems that i have their rental...cause when i was like uhh idunno what im going to do he was like well i can't get off the phone w/o knowing what your doing since you have our loaner car....

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Print both of them out, fax them or do whatever to send it to them, and then if they dont comply

http://welcome.bbb.org/

Type in your zip code and get the closest Better Business Bureau number and call away my friend

*Edit* Actually, phone Acura back and ask them if they have in fact heard of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, and if not, tell them they should start to get to know it unless they want the better business bureau after them. You have to be firm and hard with them, as since they have already said your warranty is void, which it isn't because of the mods you did, they're going to stick to the " We're right, you're wrong, pay us " moto.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.