Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
TeamDC5
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...im stuck in the low 14's on my e.t. and cant break into the 13's.....I dunno wut is up, but do u guys have any suggestions on what to do next to lower my 1/4 mile time? i was thinking tranny work (type R final drive?clutch/fly/lsd?) and maybe a set of those new MH slicks whenever they are released. I believe i have the right power, but is it a matter of gettin it to the ground? Or shud i just go all out and get the toda n2 kit lol..? I also know my driving could improve a lil bit as always but i still have had decent sixty foots and still cant get into the 13's...anyone have any suggestions? :dontknow:

o ya and i also want to keep a full interior, but i know guttin cud shave off at least 2 or 3 tenths off my et

·
Out on bail
3,816 Posts
boost. but it probly be more cost effective to keep the N/A so if i were you i'd probly get the n2 kit and maybe an lsd. the clutch and flywheel would help a little, but thats more for handling power.

Also, practicing your launch rpm and your driving might make all the difference =).

·
Must...stop...modding!!
3,953 Posts
I was in the same situation too....but i have decided to start saving up for tranny stuff. How are you going to go fast with your Toda cams if you cant get proper power delivery and traction to the ground? Save up for a nice clutch that can help in the 60 foots, get a nice flywheel to throw in there while your at it, and get an LSD which also could help you get off the line better. And practice practice practice! BTW: if you want those slicks call and sign up....we need 50 people, I dont know if we've reached that yet but when I called last week, I was number 4!

·
Registered
487 Posts
LSD doesn't really do much for 60ft times. It's amazing in the turns though. If you're just going for drag, don't bother with the LSD. I would get the ITR FD and a flywheel. I think you're stock clutch should be fine for a while---so, unless it needs to be replaced, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Z4_LSVTEC said:
LSD doesn't really do much for 60ft times. It's amazing in the turns though. If you're just going for drag, don't bother with the LSD. I would get the ITR FD and a flywheel. I think you're stock clutch should be fine for a while---so, unless it needs to be replaced, I wouldn't worry about it.
I would do the tranny work even if I was only into drag racing. Horsepower is useless if you can't put it to the ground.

·
Registered
327 Posts
You guys act like the cars are putting down 400hp that you need a built tranny :rolleyes:

You wanna go fast in the 1/4 mile? Get the Toda kit, two front wheels and wrap them with Nitto NT555's or another drag tire. When you go to the track or race, slap on the wheels & drag tires. The tires will shave more off your 1/4 mile than a tranny ever would, for a lot less money.

·
TeamDC5
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
appreciate everyones input.... looks like im gonna with the tranny work, exedy stage 1 clutch/fly and the type R final drive and see how that does...i think im gonna skip the lsd

·
Registered
487 Posts
as a lower cost alternative to the ITR FD, try the TSX FD. There is a thread that explains which parts you need.

·
Freedom is not free!
4,112 Posts
Why not just get both! save up! That's what I'm doing anyways. Just gotta get the Toda and LSD. Yes i know, it's EXPENSIVE! LOL!

·
TeamDC5
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Z4_LSVTEC said:
as a lower cost alternative to the ITR FD, try the TSX FD. There is a thread that explains which parts you need.
wuts the ratio on the tsx FD?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
BlueRSXS03 said:
wuts the ratio on the tsx FD?
I think it's 4.76, and the type r is 4.764.

·
TeamDC5
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone know a good place to get the type r FD? ive seen them before on ebay..but i forget how much

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Z4_LSVTEC said:
The stock LSD is weak, it lasted me about 50-5000K launches and it shattered. The quaife locks the wheels 50/50 in drag conditions. My clutch isn't broken in yet but I feel a vast improvement in traction.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
You would have to PM me for that.

·
TeamDC5
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
eddie123, how do you like the type R final drive? is it a big improvement in acceleration?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts