Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Put it in and now half the time it really does not want to shift into any gear. Like I have to really slam the shifter into the gear to get it in. Was wondering if anybody else has had that issue after a fluid change, maybe I should just drive it for a couple days and try to work the fluid into the gears? Or maybe I should drain it again and put in Honda green label MTF? Any info would be highly appreciated.
FLUID????????? Come on
If it doesn't go into gear it's a clutch, not a tranny problem
Don't be like the last dude and drop 3 large on unnecessary tranny work

·
Registered
05' RSX Type S
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
FLUID????????? Come on
If it doesn't go into gear it's a clutch, not a tranny problem
Don't be like the last dude and drop 3 large on unnecessary tranny work
It was not unnecessary work the transmission had serious issues that I decided to address while I had the tranny off the car. But I will agree the issue he is having is the clutch

·
Registered
29 Posts
It was not unnecessary work the transmission had serious issues that I decided to address while I had the tranny off the car. But I will agree the issue he is having is the clutch
RIght. It wouldn't go into gear, which was the clutch problem
The tranny rebuild was an option, unrelated to the problem you stated your original post. AND MANY MORE $$$. If the clutch work was done first, you could have driven the car and might not even had to repair the transmission.

·
Registered
05' RSX Type S
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
It was not unnecessary work the transmission had serious issues that I decided to address while I had the tranny off the car. I have no regrets pooring money into the tranny, it was the worst part in the car since the day I got it and it was an insane difference But I will agree the issue he is having is the clutch
RIght. It wouldn't go into gear, which was the clutch problem
The tranny rebuild was an option, unrelated to the problem you stated your original post. Furthermore, the tranny does not have to come out for a new clutch, so please don't say, "...while I had the tranny off the car". That is a very inaccurate and deceptive statement. If the shop told you that, it was a complete lie.
The shop didn't tell me that I just knew that wasn't the kind of thing I was comfortable doing myself and so Id rather just have it done right the first time and be happy with it. Which I am. No regrets whatsoever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Right. I mispoke. The tranny comes out for the clutch replace, but it is minor in cost, so one could do the clutch and tranny separately.

·
Registered
05' RSX Type S
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
They wrote it up as 8 hour job for the clutch alone. Which I don't think is unreasonable for a shop that doesnt specialize in Honda's.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts