Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
fully built
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey crsx, I'm in the process of rebuilding my k24/k20 swap. I'm planning on boosting the car with a full-race gt3076r turbo kit. I'm wondering what kind of transmissions you all are using with similar setups and similar power. I've heard the stock transmission is no good on any turbo setup let alone a setup with a turbo as large as I plan to use and with as much power as I plan to put down. I have a comp stage 2 clutch now but I plan to upgrade to a comp stage 4 with the new setup as I doubt the stage 2 will hold that power. I'm also planning on putting in an lsd. As for the transmission itself tho I'm unsure of what to use. I've heard some people cryo treat the gears. If anyone can give me some opinions and advice on what trans setups I should use with this turbo and this power I would appreciate it. Thanks all.

·
get your stacks up
1,947 Posts
450-600whp for 4+ yrs but i don't beat my car to shit.. don't know if that answer your question :thumbsup:

·
K-Series Builder & Tuner
350 Posts

·
:)
15,564 Posts
We suggest a KMOD Drag Special Trans.:http://www.kmodperformance.com/K-Series--TRANSMISSION.html

We use it in the KMOD RSX & it has been proven to hold 726whp & 487wtq.
Dyno Vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozCOcXk7p-M
We have gone as fast as [email protected] using this trans.
Track vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMK1CBbXEs4

For your intended power goals our trans should do great.

-Marquis
-KMOD
just curious on how stock gears on your drag special and etc will hold better?

·
get your stacks up
1,947 Posts

·
K-Series Builder & Tuner
350 Posts
just curious on how stock gears on your drag special and etc will hold better?
Will hold better than what?

We have proven that they will hold better than a stock type-s trans. If that is what you are asking?

-Marquis
-KMOD

·
Registered
541 Posts
We suggest a KMOD Drag Special Trans.:http://www.kmodperformance.com/K-Series--TRANSMISSION.html

We use it in the KMOD RSX & it has been proven to hold 726whp & 487wtq.
Dyno Vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozCOcXk7p-M
We have gone as fast as [email protected] using this trans.
Track vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMK1CBbXEs4

For your intended power goals our trans should do great.

-Marquis
-KMOD
You broke the trans? How is that proven to hold 700hp?:dontknow:

·
K-Series Builder & Tuner
350 Posts
You broke the trans? How is that proven to hold 700hp?:dontknow:
We broke 4th gear, doing a 4th gear burnout. 726whp & 487wtq was just too much power for 4th gear burnouts. Thats alot of power to just bang the trans w/ while stationary.

We have over 30 track passes & 45 full throttle dyno pulls on the trans w/o a single issue. I was doing 3rd gear burnouts & decided to try 4th gear. One attempted 4th gear burnout & boom. Broken 4th gear.

If I had not done a 4th gear burnout the trans would not of broken.

-Marquis
-KMOD

·
RealTalk
5,636 Posts
We broke 4th gear, doing a 4th gear burnout. 726whp & 487wtq was just too much power for 4th gear burnouts. Thats alot of power to just bang the trans w/ while stationary.

We have over 30 track passes & 45 full throttle dyno pulls on the trans w/o a single issue. I was doing 3rd gear burnouts & decided to try 4th gear. One attempted 4th gear burnout & boom. Broken 4th gear.

-Marquis
-KMOD

damm makes hella sense, still though that tranny was put through hell, buddy of mine here went through like 7 of them who knows why.. U must have luck i guess.

·
Registered
421 Posts

-Marquis
-KMOD
didnt you say you had a 6 speed?

·
fully built
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry stock type s
So you've been using the stock type-s trans for 4 years with no problems making that much power? I'm afraid that if I push 400whp with a gt3076r full-race kit I'm gonna destroy the tranny. What clutch do you use also? I have the comp stage 2 but I'm pretty sure that won't hold 400whp lol so I plan to get a comp stage 4. Any more suggestions/comments/advice/opinions?

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts
I dont know what other people do to grenade k series trans so much. I have seen plenty of higher powered drag cars on stock gears hold up for so long. Besides Marquis, Rob (02WhitetypeS) ran stock gears in his drag rsx for years without an issue. You see guys running B-series trans pushing 700+ constantly at the track and they hold up as well but all of these mid powered rsx's are blowing out trans right and left just on the street.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
I dont know what other people do to grenade k series trans so much. I have seen plenty of higher powered drag cars on stock gears hold up for so long. Besides Marquis, Rob (02WhitetypeS) ran stock gears in his drag rsx for years without an issue. You see guys running B-series trans pushing 700+ constantly at the track and they hold up as well but all of these mid powered rsx's are blowing out trans right and left just on the street.

I'm on my 5th transmission rebuild.... I shatter 2nd gears in the blink of an eye :rolleyes:

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
So you've been using the stock type-s trans for 4 years with no problems making that much power? I'm afraid that if I push 400whp with a gt3076r full-race kit I'm gonna destroy the tranny. What clutch do you use also? I have the comp stage 2 but I'm pretty sure that won't hold 400whp lol so I plan to get a comp stage 4. Any more suggestions/comments/advice/opinions?
if you're worried about your transmission don't turbo your car period.

·
Registered
420 Posts
My a2 tranny is holdin up + stg 4 comp clutch wit 15lbs on my gt30r. But the tranny n fuel system r my weak points in my build

·
:)
15,564 Posts
gotcha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts