Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why dose my first gear gets locked and i cant gear back from 2 to the first gear?

for exmaple while i'm drivin' and i'm changin' gears fast. sometimes i have to down shit. so i bring it from 3rd to 2nd, but after that i cant downshift to 1st gear it locked and casues grindings, till give it some gas a lil bit and theeen i could go to first gear.

is that normal shit man? the cars brand new.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
you can't shift down from 2nd to 1st if your going faster than a certain speed
the reason why you can get into 1st if you give it a little bit of gas is cuz that brings the engine speed up to a point where it allows you to engage in 1st

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
It's not really a lock out, it's that the syncroes can't sync above a certain speed. I believe if you double-clutch on the downshift it will let you in, but I certainly would not shift into 1st gear above 20mph. It just doesn't seem like a good idea.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i experienced the same thing...my friend told me to never down shift into first gear cuz u might rev way too high for your car... i figure down shift 2.3.and 4 then just use ur brakes instead of down shifting in to 1st... also dont force it if it doesnt want to get in gear

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ooohh ok i see...no but my speed was over 20mph was like 35mph and shit...so everythings cool then..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
honestly this mechnic said if u at sharp turn u need to turn fast i have to slow down keep it in nutral for 2 sec and then go first gear but i shouldnt be over 40mph when i do that...i askde him is that shit ok for trans? hes like yea dont worry..

so this fuckin bubu was bullshittin me?? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts