Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Which MTF fluid are you guys using?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 257 Posts

·
RIP Guru
6,583 Posts
I had a bottle of the honda red label and bought one bottle of the new green label. Shifting isnt as smooth as before.

was mixing the 2 bottles a bad idea?

·
CL7 Type-R Engine
4,144 Posts
i am using the oem Mtf from honda on my jdm tranny and it's shit i need to replace it asap i was tinking Penzoil syncromesh any one else using it ?

·
RIP Guru
6,583 Posts
I had a bottle of the honda red label and bought one bottle of the new green label. Shifting isnt as smooth as before.

was mixing the 2 bottles a bad idea?

anyone know?

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
Well I got some Redline MTL only because I couldnt find no AMS oil here in Vegas! :( Anybody here bad things about Redline? If so I will just get Honda Genuine.

·
Use The G-FORCE!!!
95 Posts
How often are you guys changing your tranny fluid??? Im at 25,000 miles now and thinkin about changing mine w/ OEM Honda fluid... What's the difference between the old RED label and the new GREEN label?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
605 Posts
I change mine every other oil change, so like 6k give or take.

Royal Purple Synchromesh (sp?)

I also track and have LSD so i go through it

·
RIP Guru
6,583 Posts
How often are you guys changing your tranny fluid??? Im at 25,000 miles now and thinkin about changing mine w/ OEM Honda fluid... What's the difference between the old RED label and the new GREEN label?? :dontknow:

I would like to know too.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have the Green stuff in it now and seems to work better then the old stuff, NOT by much but it's cheep and I have two Qt's of Redline MTL I'm going to use soon and see if it gets any better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i currently have amsoil syncromesh and i love it.

the oem honda mtf was notchy and had a really noticable 3rd gear "wall" so i switched to amsoil and it was like night and day.

then when i had my clutch upgraded, i tried royal purple and i hated it. it was probably as notchy as the oem honda mtf plus i have heard it is not the proper weight anyways.

now back again with amsoil and will probably keep it like that for the life of the car.

·
Full Contact FTW
650 Posts
Car had 57K after 3 years; 2nd gear grind is the same as it's been, but 3rd gear wall now becoming a consistent pain in my ass. Stopped by the Honda dealership and got some of the new MTF. After the change, I feel that shifts are a bit smoother (nothing huge), grind is not as bad, but the wall has gone away:)

I only drive my car on the weekends so I don't put many miles on my car anymore; thus it will take a fairly long time to see how long the fluid holds up, but this is my choice for now.

·
i eat f00d
5,890 Posts
@ 48k miles i just changed the mtf to the "new honda" mtf. I cant say that its any better than the red label cause every time ive changed out my MTF its obviously been better after the change.

But as for a review. after the fluid change 2 gear was easier to get into (wasnt too hard to begin with) and 3rd gear went in much easier as well. this was more noticeable to me. but again it wasnt a major complaint to begin with.

Keep in mind ive never had many complaints about the tranny in the first place. I got the 2nd grinding issue.. mb 4or 5 times in the life of the car. And 3rd gear pop out only happens in extreme cold weather.. (below freezing, but goes away once the tranny is warmed up)

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
Does any one have any experience with BG syncomesh MTF

21 - 40 of 257 Posts