Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RSX has 136k miles on it, don’t know if transmission fluid was ever replaced so I’m planning on doing it. What would be the proper way to do it, drain it and just put in new fluid or give it a flush?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s auto. Yeah I’ll probably just order a case of the Honda dw1, drain it fill it, drive a little, then shift it around to different gear positions and then drain and refill again. Should get majority of the old fluid out.

· Registered
2005 Acura RSX Type S
131 Posts
My RSX has 136k miles on it, don’t know if transmission fluid was ever replaced so I’m planning on doing it. What would be the proper way to do it, drain it and just put in new fluid or give it a flush?
Whatever you do, do NOT drain anything until you confirm that the fill bolt (top bolt) can be removed, or else cannot drive because there would be no fluid.
Also, make sure when you fill, keep your car as level as possible, I mean front/back and left/right. You stop filling when it starts coming out, that's the concept = level.

· Super Moderator
2,097 Posts
It’s auto. Yeah I’ll probably just order a case of the Honda dw1, drain it fill it, drive a little, then shift it around to different gear positions and then drain and refill again. Should get majority of the old fluid out.
This is what I do, but I don’t bother with the different gear positions. I drive around normally for at least a day and do one more drain and refill. Most of the fluid sits in the torque converter and needs to be cycled. Inspect the fluid and you’ll be able to determine whether or not you need to do another drain and refill. There’s also an atf filter that I recommend you replace as well.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what I do, but I don’t bother with the different gear positions. I drive around normally for at least a day and do one more drain and refill. Most of the fluid sits in the torque converter and needs to be cycled. Inspect the fluid and you’ll be able to determine whether or not you need to do another drain and refill. There’s also an atf filter that I recommend you replace as well.
Can I buy the filter from Honda? Send me link or pic of the filter if you can :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts