Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
NinjaK920
956 Posts
yes, and no.. physically, yes all RSX trannies would fit, but you should stay with 02-04 Automatic trannies, I believe the stock ECU will look for all them sensors in an auto..
ive got an 03 5spd, and i was planning on goin 6spd on the k20a3, plus a light flywheel, which would be better: 5spd+ light flywheel OR 6spd + light flywheel?

and this is goin on a K20a3 and i dont plan on turboing or doing internals:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
ive got an 03 5spd, and i was planning on goin 6spd on the k20a3, plus a light flywheel, which would be better: 5spd+ light flywheel OR 6spd + light flywheel?

and this is goin on a K20a3 and i dont plan on turboing or doing internals:dontknow:
then the 6 speed for sure. why do u want to put so much money into a tranny of a base?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Ok, in my defense, talking about the element final drive here.

Does the elemtn speed sensor read the speed off the final driver or the 3rd gear.

Asking because I want to install an 07 si lsd on my element tranny but I want to save myself money on the differecial bearings (think thats what theyre called (bolts that lsd to diff or vice versa) and just use the 07 si final drive.

·
Ex Honda employee
116 Posts
ok i know i im bringing up a old thread and i have read all 4 pages but im am still lost, all I want is to be in 6th gear and not be at 4k when driving 80 mph. So what gear do I need to buy for 5th and 6th gear plus ring gear for my 06 type s tranny? And what else do I need to change out or add in to get it all working. I just want better highway miles cause Im driving 50 miles a day for work now and its killing me in gas now driving on the highways at 80mph

·
Ex Honda employee
116 Posts
that is all OEM parts. the speed depends on your current final drive. going lower with the final drive would benefit it.
ok also thanks for the help bro, I have another question is the part number for that part 23641 ppp 000? Or is there a part number also for the sincro also I want to replace them while im in there

·
Ex Honda employee
116 Posts
i understand bro but what im trying to see if that the part number is the rite one cause also i wanted to do the 5th gear also. thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
U dont need to do 5th gear... Just do 6th..

When i drive, if im nt in a. Rush or anything, i shift and get to 6th asap without over stressing the car.

U arent gonna get a lower ratio 5th gear and 6th. Waste of money to be honest.

·
Ex Honda employee
116 Posts
why do you want to do 5th gear?
well in my mind and maybe im going about it all wrong but hear me out. in my mind im always driving a long time about 1 hour to work and back yada yada. Well sometime where I drive its dead traffic but not your 2nd gear traffic its more like 5th gear and sometime faster or slower. And then we have times where im hauling 80+ when it free's up, which I know its 6th gear. Well I wanted to do the tsx 6th gear and the 5th gear plus a lower final drive because I wanted to have my rpm @ 2300 to 2500 when driving 80 plus. And also do the same for 5th gear also. Am I making any sence? Sorry about rambling on but thanks for the help.

·
Ex Honda employee
116 Posts
hey chris or anybody please chime in if you have done this. ok i wanted to ask another question before i pull this trigger and to make sure everything is going to be good. If i use a ring gear off 02-04 rsx type s tranny its a 4.389 final drive gear with the 6th gear from the tsx converion, what would my rpm be at around 80mph? and would this all work with no problems, meaning i open this tranny swap out gears and final gear and put it back together rite. I dont want to find out later there is something else i need to do yada yada yada

·
Registered
9 Posts
Will a 02-04 RSX S Tranny work in an 05-06? What Im wondering is if the car will run correctly, the speedo doesnt matter if its off as im racing dirt track.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts