Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently we bought an 06 RSX Base model and it has a few issues at 200k miles. One of them is that it slips? (idk what to call it) out of gear when it gets running hot, basically you put it in drive and it goes nowhere, and you can hear it trying to grab to go. We mightjust to change out the trans, and maybe another engine too. We found a JDM swap, wondering what the difference is between the US and JDM swap is. Is the trans the issue? Anybody else with this issue? All i see is a bunch of type r stuff.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Assuming you're talking about an automatic transmission, it is toast and will need to be rebuilt. As far as the engine goes: you should change over EVERY sensor, the flywheel or flex plate, intake manifold. Exhaust manifold, and possibly alternator.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Take note, the JDM base engine has a 3 lobe intake cam. This might require tuning to run properly.
How’s this different from the american engine? And where could tuning be done?
The USDM intake cam has 2. I’ll see if I can find the article I saw.

You need Kpro or Ktuner to get tuned, and either a tuner local to you or an online tuner.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Assuming you're talking about an automatic transmission, it is toast and will need to be rebuilt. As far as the engine goes: you should change over EVERY sensor, the flywheel or flex plate, intake manifold. Exhaust manifold, and possibly alternator.
What about the shift solenoids? Do those get changed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts