Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trust Auto
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am looking to rebuild my 03 type s transmission because the second gear grinds and the third pop out. That is pissing me off!!:mad::mad::mad:

It is much better after using the amsoil but the problem is still here.:(:(

Does any one here rebuild the type s transmission followed the Acura Service Bulletin?
http://rsx.clubrsx.com/bulletins/transmission/synchronizerbulletin.pdf

This bulletin shows that we have to replace the 5-6 synchros sleeve set and the shift cable in order to reduce friction on the other forward gearsets.
I called my local Acura dealer but they said they have never seen this bulletin. And they couldn't find those parts in this bulletin since those part numbers dont exist. So they will only replace the synchros of the problem gearsets if I do need my tranny rebuilt by them.

I am not gonna get the type r tranny because it's rare and expensive. The price of it plus the labor can make my current tranny rebuilt+5.06 final drive+LSD. Why would I go with that?

Any suggestion? all comments will be helpful. Thanks:beerchug::beerchug:

·
iVTEC4LIFE
486 Posts
CRSX has this service. If I'm not mistaken they send you the pallet, instructions on how to secure it and everything else you need to ship your tranny to them. You even get to determine WHICH gear sets you want/need replaced. Don't know if you can specify ITR gear sets, though. That would kick ass if you could!!
Click on the Transmission link and its in there.

·
Trust Auto
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CRSX has this service. If I'm not mistaken they send you the pallet, instructions on how to secure it and everything else you need to ship your tranny to them. You even get to determine WHICH gear sets you want/need replaced. Don't know if you can specify ITR gear sets, though. That would kick ass if you could!!
Click on the Transmission link and its in there.
It sounds great.. Can u post the link?
Thanks

·
iVTEC4LIFE
486 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, wanted to ask what did you end up doing? I have a 04 type s with Transmission problems. I'm trying to decide on what to do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts