Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can i do to make my transmission stronger?...i am rebuilding my type-s tranny due to my first gear shattering so the case and what not is all open...i have been told about cryogenically treating it, what else is there and also what are my other options?...and how much should i look at spending for my options??
thanks

·
Registered
811 Posts
Just a thought but you might be able to take the tranny to a machine shop and get them to machine you some billet copies out of the gears or out of some other stronger than stock material.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Yes, thank you. I wonder if they cryo tranny parts also cuz thats what I'm most concerned about.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
XxThInKxX said:
Is it a good idea to treat a boosted tranny? Ive already shattered 2nd gear (damn triple cone synchros)
I'm planning to cryo some parts for stage II. It might take a few extra weeks but I think It's well worth it.

·
Out on bail
3,816 Posts
hrmm, i might consider. I don't think acura will be as willing to replace another tranny under boost so whatever keeps me safe.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Bip Bip said:
I'm planning to cryo some parts for stage II. It might take a few extra weeks but I think It's well worth it.
That website has a 72 hour turn around for all orders over $300

1 - 11 of 11 Posts