Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, going to be doing a k24 header for a rsx soon and just thought id share some pics. I have the collectors ready. The primaries will be 1.75" OD to 2" secondaries to a 3" exhaust. Also doing an intake for the same car. Planning on a 3" to 3.5" intake setup. Let me know what you think.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This last collector could not use 15 or 18 degree bends as they were too sharp. I had to cut 10 degree pieces to put onto each and then make the cut.

This is the 3"-3.5" transition cone. It actually goes up to 3.75" but I'll cut it down to 3.5".

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
494 Posts
How long are you going with your primaries and secondaries. Are you looking to build more of a top end header or low to mid range gainer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, and sorry about the delay getting back. I don't have the customers car yet so still waiting to really knock out this project, but I have all parts for the header build and am ordering exhaust parts today for the project.

The customer wants it to be a good street setup, so I'd say midrange is where we are looking for the most gains. I'd rather not share lengths at this point.. Also, I thought I had read somewhere on here that 1.75" tube is an exact match to the k series exhaust port. Just wanted to share, with the head flange I am using, I had to flare 1.75" OD pieces to about 1.85-1.9" OD and then slightly oval them for them to fit perfectly into the head flange. I have fitted this flange to a spare k20 head to see how much bigger the flange ports were than the exhaust ports, and feel that with the pipe fit tightly inside like I have, it is spot on. Here is a picture showing the fitup of the transitions out of the head flange. Let me know what you think.

This picture below shows a piece of scrap I had flared out to 1.75" at the bottom to see what the fitup looked like with 1.75" tube. You can see that it almost slides in how it is. If I had ovaled this, however, it would slide in with a gap all the way around.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's correct. I have done this before on previous headers with good results. I have never done two headers though and tested this as the sole variable. I planned out the tubing diameters before even having the head flange in my possession. For reference, the guy I am doing the header for has a DC header right now, which I believe the primaries are 1.5"OD. I am sure a lot of the production headers are not 1.88" primary tubing, which means they would be either slightly under sized or slightly oversized as well. Thanks for the comments and I'll update the thread when I get some more work done on this header.

Thanks,
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts