Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3709 in the Hizouse
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good tricks for trimming the vinyl without scratching the tailight with the exacto blade?

·
S-TypE
76 Posts
i just used a razor knife had no problems just cut real lightly

·
Registered
144 Posts
used both pre cuts and oracle free sample, fooked up on both , scratched my tails :crying: im dumb..........................

·
ya rly
3,440 Posts
after 3 trials i finally got it right... have a buddy help u stretch while u heat...or visa versa...and if there are holes use a small pin or blade to poke it and heat it at the same time and it flattens out well (doen'st mean u shouldn't use soapy water)

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's easy, just get some wax paper and trace out the amber part then transfer it on the the vinyl! There's no chance of scratching the tailight with a pencil and you can see through the paper easily.

·
Banned
302 Posts
Pre cuts are a pain in the ass because of the groove in the tails ( I know cuz i messed up my first set ) and if you want to cover the orange completely tracing out will NOT work because you can see the amber from the side of the car. I messed up on my first set and went to my friend who did the original diy ages ago. He used a blow dryer, soapy water, exacto knife, and my assistance and he put it on perfect.

·
S-TypE
76 Posts
kryzeofkrayzie said:
Pre cuts are a pain in the ass because of the groove in the tails ( I know cuz i messed up my first set ) and if you want to cover the orange completely tracing out will NOT work because you can see the amber from the side of the car. I messed up on my first set and went to my friend who did the original diy ages ago. He used a blow dryer, soapy water, exacto knife, and my assistance and he put it on perfect.
thats how i did mine... worked fine for me :dontknow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.