Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have some stale gas in my tank and I have to siphon it out...I tried last night and I cannot seem to get the hose all the way to the bottom.....it's as if something is stopping it.

So far I only tried using thinner hoses and that hasn't worked!?

Anyone do this b4?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
get one of those surgical cameras that probe peoples anus and stick it in there :eek:

Then you can see whats blocking!

Plus how do you know the gas is "stale"? and why, if you knew your car would be sitting or the gas would be going bad, would you have filled the tank?

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
I dont believe its possible to siphon gas from the filler. From what I understand you would have to relieve fuel pressure, remove the fuel pump and siphon the gas directly from the tank itself.
i've heard something along the lines of that, too.

Octane booster might help in this scenario, too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
get one of those surgical cameras that probe peoples anus and stick it in there :eek:

Then you can see whats blocking!

Plus how do you know the gas is "stale"? and why, if you knew your car would be sitting or the gas would be going bad, would you have filled the tank?
haha like the one they used to check your anus for penis deposits? :D

Hmmm mabey I know the gas is stale because it has been siting for 7+ months being 3/4 full in an average of 30 degree weather? :dontknow: Even if I were to fill it the gas still would have wound up going bad, due to not being able to let the car idle and would have left me with more shitty gas!

Thanks for the reply but I don't think it's going to be easy to get my hands on a bum cam. And thanks for telling me what I already knew.

·
K20a2 + JDM H22a=SEX
773 Posts
you have a check valve/ball inside the filler neck. This will not let you siphon gas out of the tank. Relieve the fuel pressure, take the back seats out, take the cover off and take the fuel sending unit out and then you can siphon it out that way. But you cant siphon gas out of the filler neck. But at least you know the check valve/ball is doing its job.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I havent checked myself but there is a possibility for the gas tank to have a drain plug. i know most civics and accords do. check it out and if so drain away.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts