Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think?

Is this stuff for real ...or is it more info-mercial hype ?

Has anyone used this?

...just curious :)

"5 STAR SHINE is not a car wax. In fact, it contains no waxes of any kind. Our patented PPS formula protects your paint with PTFE (the same substance that makes nonstick cookware so slippery) for unbeatable shine and protection guaranteed to last for years!"

http://www.5starshine.com/

pee-wee

·
Registered
264 Posts
the super late reply is this stuff is the shit!!!
I've had it on my car for four months now and the water still beads up and runs off like it was freshly waxed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here is a "hint"-
I'll let everyone decide if the 2oz bottle it comes in is worth $60 - $70 and if it is more "info-mercial hype".
It is more of an advertising...., well, let me post the link and you decide, LOL!!

http://www.gorillamarketing.com/

This subject has been covered numerous times...

Although Teflon® is an exceptional product when used as intended, it provides no benefit in a wax or polish. According to G.R. Ansul of DuPont's Car Care Products, Specialty Products Division, "The addition of a Teflon® flouropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of Teflon® fluoropolymer resins is beneficial in car waxes, and we have not seen data from other people that supports this position."

Manufacturers of gimmicky, over-hyped products sometimes claim that their products contain Teflon®, hoping that the consumer will believe there is something special about that product. Ansul also notes that, "Unless Teflon® is applied at 700 degrees F, it is not a viable ingredient, and is 100 percent useless in protecting the paint's finish."
This is hot enough that your car's paint (let alone your car) wouldn't survive.
Teflon® is a registered trademark of Dupont.
(Source: Grisanti, Stephen, "The Truth Abouth Teflon®", Professional Carwashing & Detailing

·
Immortal Ueshiba Morihei
2,961 Posts
shayniferd said:
the super late reply is this stuff is the shit!!!
I've had it on my car for four months now and the water still beads up and runs off like it was freshly waxed.

same here... was skeptical at first but what the heck, I am really intrigued so Im giving this :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . its almost my 2nd month since Ive first applied.

*water still beads, dust and bird droppings wash off easily
*afer drying still has the deep gloss shine and still slick to the touch

every week or 2 you have to hose off the dust/dirt and dont let it accumulate.

so far, Im impressed and satisfied and lets see how long would this impression lasts, but definitely putting it too on my other car. ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
i have used it on my car.

my impression is the shine is really nice.
but dont bother spending the money.
just use your regular wax.

it doesnt last as long as it says. after 6 months, you're gonna want to wax it again.

·
Registered
529 Posts
im reviving a fairly old post to see if there is anyone out there that has used this product and what they have to say about it?

so far i guess dirt and other stuff washes off fast and everything but how do we know if it actually protects our clear coat from UV rays and such.....to bad there is no website that has tested it.

any comments?

·
7,611 Posts
Hey I was just doing some research after pricing car covers and wondering if I wouldn't be better off finding something that will resist the sun, etc. I came across this stuff too......looks flaky - at least they need a better website designer, doesn't mean the product isn't good but.....

Anyone have more experience with this stuff - or 303??? I had a car - metallic silver Chevy in s. Florida - the paint burned right up in the hot sun down there. I know the sun's not as intense here but it's just a matter of time......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts