Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
..Crawling..
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought myself 2 10inch subs but i don't want to buy a plain crap box to put them in cuz (1) it takes up too much space and (2) it looks crappy.. therefor i wanna do it in fiberglass.. so heres the question- Does anyone know if you can buy the full set of carpeting in the trunk of the rsx.. i ask this because i want to apply resin on to the carpet, so i want an extra set of carpeting.. If anyone knows where i could get it and how much it probably will cost me it would be great.. and btw i'm talking about the whole truck (side carpeting included).. help would be great. thanks..

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Why would you want to apply resin to the carpet? You must be rollin in cash, or you just have no clue as to how to build a fiberglass enclosure.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Besides, if you remove the sides, you will notice there is way more room behind the carpeted panels that you can take advantage of.

·
..Crawling..
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FaintReality said:
Besides, if you remove the sides, you will notice there is way more room behind the carpeted panels that you can take advantage of.
There is?? excellent.. Like how much more room r we talking? hmmm maybe i'll just take both sides out if it turns out theres a lot more room.. oh and btw faintreality, i'm experienced with fiberglass but i'm a newbie with the car audio stuff.. It seems like your a big help in the audio section.. thanks for all the help man.. i appreciate it..

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
There was a thread in the audio section that showed pics with the panels removed. You can do a search, but I don't remember any key words to use in the title, so it would take you days to find it. I have pulled mine out several times but have no pics. But ya, there is more room behind the panels in which would give the sub more clearance for the magnet allowing you to make an enclosure that don't stick out so far.

Sorry I have no pics. There arn't to hard to take out, just held in with some plastic clips and the 2 hooks, one on each side. Should take you 10min tops to pull off both panels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts