Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
i-VTEC do you?
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
jus recently my rear hatch was fine, worked properly, but now all of a sudden my trunk will not open :crying: anyone else have this problem???

when i unlock it feels like the trunk latch is stuck but when i lock it, the latch feels free (like how it should) :dontknow: im guessin the actuator is fuct :mad: ... and a couple months ago i jus got my door actuators fixed from the dealer

so any help would be appreciated ...

thanks

·
Crunch time
3,387 Posts
what?! "when i unlock it feels like the trunk latch is stuck but when i unlock it, the latch feels free "
What the heck does that mean?

I think you mean when you LOCK it, it feels free?? it's because it's suppose to be like that...like your doors

Maybe you have something stuck in the hatch lock. It has whole bunch of gaps, i doubt it'll be hard for you to accidentally close the hatch on a small object and it's stuck in there?

·
i-VTEC do you?
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol sorry about that typo...youre right minouuupak, when i lock it the latch handle feels how it should.

lol at "stealership". was covered under warranty? and did they tell you what was wrong?

i dont know if i should take it to the dealer due to the fact i have the carbon fiber hatch .

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
then most likely they will blame the install of the hatch to make the actuator fail.

·
i-VTEC do you?
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn thats what i was thinkin...i guess im jus gonna have to fiddle with it and hope that i can fix it. you think itll be possible to switch out the latch/actuator assembly without opening the hatch? becuase luckily i have my stock hatch with the actuator still in there...

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
Try dropping your rear seats , remove the plastic cover thing and look to see if any objects are stuck in their or if the latch looks broken or something. I am sure you can probably visually see what wrong once you get in there. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.