Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently got my car painted and i went to go open my trunk and now it is really hard to open. It feels like it wieghs like 50 pounds!!!! What could be the problem? Could they have put the trunk shocks on wrong? It feels almost like they are on upside down cause the trunk is so hard to get open.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can somebody post pics of what they are suppose to look like on the 02....

·
04 Type S in the MOX
251 Posts
Well i just looked at my 04 and the hatch shocks should be black facing down and when you open the hatch the silver part inside should towards the top of the hatch. Man that would be messed if they were on upside down.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
LOL

TS keep us posted and let us know who the idiots are who did this so we can avoid that place.

What kinda idiot grease monkey gets done with their work and closes a hatch then doesn't re-open to tell if they did it right?

And if they did re-open why would they give someones car back like that (obviously not in working order)? I'd be writing a letter....

·
krispeee on dc5n
167 Posts
my tailgate struts broke and i noticed our hatch is HEAVY like no other. i'm guessing its the glass? but dude..its like 50 lbs!!! makes me wanna take off my hatch and roll w/o one. =]

·
Wyoming ftl
256 Posts
when its open does it stay open? or does it shut?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it doesnt stay open... it shuts right away. i am going to try and take them off this weekend and find out what the deal is. does anybody have good directions on how to take them off?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts