Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting out of my car the other day and grabbed the key pad and pressed the big button twice. well, it wouldn't beep so i knew something wasn't locked. i checked the driver and passenger doors and they were both locked. then i tried to open the trunk and it opened right up. why won't the trunk lock? i'm wondering if i am just overlooking the obvious!

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Never looked at it myself but there is supposed to be a pop off panel on the inside to access the hatch lock for situations like these.

·
CheapCaribbean
4,656 Posts
Never looked at it myself but there is supposed to be a pop off panel on the inside to access the hatch lock for situations like these.
yeah its dead center on the inside of it. but the whole panel comes off real easy any way

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i looked at the actual latch part in the trunk and i found the switch that is supposed to move back and forth when i hit the button and it isnt. also if i move the switch manually then shut the truck the trunk wont unlock because the switch isnt moving. do you think that is an easy fix or should i take it to the dealership? thanks for the help!

·
Registered
26,114 Posts
I was getting out of my car the other day and grabbed the key pad and pressed the big button twice. well, it wouldn't beep so i knew something wasn't locked. i checked the driver and passenger doors and they were both locked. then i tried to open the trunk and it opened right up. why won't the trunk lock? i'm wondering if i am just overlooking the obvious!
you have some bad luck with your car arent ya?

·
got stolen
791 Posts
i have the same problem. . .
i flip the white switch and it will lock but not unlock. . . or if its unlocked my car alarm will not engage.

i just keep my hatch switch over and try like hell to never use it

acura looked at me like i was crazy when i tried explaining this to them.

glad im not the only one.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you ever have a problem opening the trunk? sometimes mine wont even open bc the switch wont work

·
Registered
599 Posts
Probably your actuator.... my drivers actuator went out last month.... that was fun to replace.... :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks like you'll have to find another place to keep your extra quart of oil!

lol sorry, I couldnt resist.
hahahahaha that is funny. the funny thing is i was at the gym the other day and put my gym bag in the trunk because it decided to work. well, when i arrived at the gym and had to get the bag out the trunk wouldn't open lol

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
umm just for parts? i think about 50. check AcuraOEMParts.com and search actuator. or search on this forum. i posted the part numbers like 20 times by now...

·
Registered
599 Posts
yeah the part was fairly cheap.... i want to say somewhere between 40-50$ for my driver's door actuator.... the hard part was getting the door apart and lock assembly out of the door... :) I'm sure the hatch is easier.... at least one would hope.

·
Sith Lord
3,746 Posts
replace the accuator. it's not that hard to do.. just pull off the pannel and put a new one in.
I had to do it about a month ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
replace the accuator. it's not that hard to do.. just pull off the pannel and put a new one in.
I had to do it about a month ago.
Yep, already took out the accuator, right now im just using the manual lock, Can somebody post a link of the exact thing I need, ive been looking for accuators but dont know for sure if it is what i need

Thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 32 Posts