Has anyone made the comparison?

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
HardcoreRsxS said:
no, but the type-s should outflow the tsx intake manifold

peace out
HARDCORE mikey
I'm not so sure about that. The TSX has a bigger engine, which would require more air. But it redlines 800 RPM lower. Peak power comes in at 6800 RPM on the TSX and 7400 RPM on the RSX. They probably flow about the same.

·
Registered
732 Posts
7900rpms said:
I'm not so sure about that. The TSX has a bigger engine, which would require more air. But it redlines 800 RPM lower. Peak power comes in at 6800 RPM on the TSX and 7400 RPM on the RSX. They probably flow about the same.
Yeah but the RSX has a smaller engine and still puts out same peak horsepower, I think the airflow is a bit better for the Type S.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i know that the head on the RSX-S flows better then the TSX head... so i would assume the inmani would be matched for the flow characteristics of the head.

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
RSX-sdrmr said:
Yeah but the RSX has a smaller engine and still puts out same peak horsepower, I think the airflow is a bit better for the Type S.
Engines don't produce hp, they produce torque, hp is just a result. The TSX produces a good deal more torque then the RSX, has a bigger engine requiring more air, and spins to 7100RPM. I still vote for equal airflow. Now, the TypeR intake manifold should flow the best.

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
mrjdm said:
i know that the head on the RSX-S flows better then the TSX head... so i would assume the inmani would be matched for the flow characteristics of the head.
Yes and no. Our head flows identical to the TypeR, but the TypeR has a better flowing intake manifold. Yes, the TypeR has different cams, but the cams don't designate how well a head flows. Heads are flow tested without any internals.

·
Registered
529 Posts
TSX has VTEC on both intake and exhaust...so I'm pretty sure it's almost a good a head as the a2 head. Just that it's massive 99.0mm stroke limits its rev to 7100 RPMs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
intake manifold question.

don't even fuck with the tsx intake. get the dc5 type r intake only. i am running this in my ride and you will pick up a few ponies on the top end.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Why not fuck with it. Think outside the box. We know the ITR manifold flows well because A LOT of us have it. The point of this thread is to look into something different as an option. You are just looking stupid by posting the shit that you are, don't respond until you read more on this board.

Fucking NEWBIE

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
The only way to truely find out would be to buy a TSX intake manifold and have it flowtested along with your stock RSX-S intake manifold. We already know the TypeR manifold outflowes the RSX-S manifold.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
7900rpms said:
Engines don't produce hp, they produce torque, hp is just a result.
They are not mutually exclusive. If an engine produces tq it also produces hp. Take away tq and hp is gone. Take away hp and tq doesnt exsist.

Call it symantics but you cant have one without the other. My opinon...

Oh and my bet is the RSXS mani has better air flow...but someone should check for sure.

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
That was the dumbest thing ever. Horsepower is a function of Torque. An engine produces torque. Then horsepower is calculated from it.

(Torque * RPM)/5250 = Horsepower

Horsepower is a derived unit

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
mrjdm said:
you can have torque with no hp. Force is made, but no work is being done. Other then the fact that you said torque doesnt exists, i agree with what you have to say.

7900rpm: Dont start picking on people for saying the engine produces horsepower... its still correct
No...you cant have one without the other when the tq produces a revolution of some cylinder. I dont know any circumstances where RPM's arent made...jet engine is all I can think of really.lol

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
That was the dumbest thing ever. Horsepower is a function of Torque. An engine produces torque. Then horsepower is calculated from it.

(Torque * RPM)/5250 = Horsepower

Horsepower is a derived unit
Well suppose no RPM's are made...the equation comes to a screaching halt...:laughing:

But we are talking about cars now arent we...something about a manifold...lol:laughing:

·
Yes, thats my email.
3,212 Posts
OMG, do you guys know what torque is? Torque is force applied to a rotating object. You wouldnt have torque unless something was revolving. What that has to do with what I said is beyond me. That still doesnt mean you cant have torque without horsepower. Horsepower doesnt exist. Its like if I weigh 75 pounds here. YOu could figure out what I weigh on mars. If mars doesnt exist, do I not weigh 75 pounds ne more?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts