Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· K Builder
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i start with a k20a2 basemap or otherwise ?

because i should flatten the cam angles all at 0, to lower the vtec around 4600rpm and now stock like the k20a2....

or should i copy the specs from the cam angles from #4, but paste them around the 4400rpm range so the phasing would be close enough ?

· K Builder
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the k24a1 and k24a4 have the same technology as the k20a3.

vtec engages around 2200, so the maps aren't the same... partial throttle around idle to 2300 would have to be remapped, and also ignition timing since it's only designed for a 12 valve application given that ammount of breathing capacity.

furthermore, the TSX has 10.5 static compression compared to 9.6 on the crv and 9.7 on the element, so the ignition timing would have to be reduced then increased until knocking is detected.

but the thing that really puzzles me is where to get the VTC information for a smooth vtec crossover....

i'm thinking a k20a2 map scalled to 2.4 litre for fuel would be pretty good, but i'd have to reduce the vtec crossover point lower because i would fall out of vtec when i shift around (7200-7400 rpm)

dyno time around here is very expensive (in canada) the more i can do on my own the cheaper it's better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.