Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heres the deal guys I have a CL9 which is a 06 TSX

I have Kpro installed with the Duel Harness, Also have a Comptech Supercharger which is built for the TSX

okay heres the problem the comptech kit, requires a reflash because kpro wasent made for the tsx when it came out the only way they tune it at the time.

Well it would be pointless for me to do the reflash since i have kpro.

Im looking at the Kpro Kals the come with the SC the only thing i see close to a base 5psi map is the

K20A JRSC 5-7 PSI 440CC and K24 JRSC 660 CC 8 PSI

my question is that can i run these Kals and make it all the way to long beach to church safely?

Also if I crush the FPR and get new injectors later would I have to get a new FPR?

BTW I plan to run 5-6 psi street kit with 310CC injectors for the mean time

Can anyone help me?

also does anyone know if the Bosch OEM replacement for the 2005 civic will work for my kpro hondata said i need one from the 04-05

·
Registered
152 Posts
Depending on how long after you install your supercharger you should be able to use the k24 kal you listed and just decrease fuel in the RPM range you'll be using to get yourself to Church's. If you use the k24 kal just drive nicely, I don't suggest you let her loose at all on your way to Long Beach.

But if you or one of your friends feels confident enough to do a street tune, you could use the k24 kal you listed as a base map and set the parameters specific to your car, decrease the fuel about 10 percent across the columns and RPM range in both the low and high cam, perform a datalog then tune as necessary. You should be able to create your self a safer tune if done correctly, for the drive to long beach. Most likely you will have to decrease the fuel more because the k24 8 psi kal is probably using about 30-50 percent more fuel in some areas of the map then your current 310cc injectors at 5 psi.

One question, is that k24 map a stock TSX with a JRSC or is it a custom k24 setup? If its a custom setup then it most likely has aftermarket cams which in that case I wouldn't know how well that tune would work for you.

I can't comment on the safety of your motor with the k24 kal you listed because there are too many unknowns right now.

Another thing, are you the guy that bought my Random Hi-Flow cat or T1R Exhaust off tsxclub? how's it going?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes we met up at bestbuy and i bought ur CAT :) im doin good just trying to get more power

well hopefully i can install it and do a datalog and Hirev1 can help me tommorw

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
Im looking at the Kpro Kals the come with the SC the only thing i see close to a base 5psi map is the

K20A JRSC 5-7 PSI 440CC and K24 JRSC 660 CC 8 PSI

my question is that can i run these Kals and make it all the way to long beach to church safely?
Go with "K24 JRSC 660CC 8PSI" Kal.

Also if I crush the FPR and get new injectors later would I have to get a new FPR?

BTW I plan to run 5-6 psi street kit with 310CC injectors for the mean time

Can anyone help me?
Why don't you pick up 520cc injectors and don't crush the FPR?

also does anyone know if the Bosch OEM replacement for the 2005 civic will work for my kpro hondata said i need one from the 04-05
What Bosch OEM replacement part are you talking about?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Does anyone know where i can get a base tune for a stock k24 with a RRC BC headers so i can brake my clutch and LSD in for the "break in period"? i had the car tuned when i had my k20z1 with skunk2 cams,but i doubt i can run that without having a issue. How can i go about this safely.. Any advice is much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts