Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

TSX? or CSX type S?

Tags
csx tsx type
12K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  BRAISKI 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

If I'm not mistaken, you guys in the US don't have the CSX (rebadged honda Civic by Acura), but since I wasn't sure, I took the chance of posting my question anyways.

I was wondering if anyone had the chance to try, compare or even see a comparison of the TSX with the CSX Type S.

I'm considering to buy a new car soon, and I had my eyes on a TSX (used). Here in Canada, I can get a 2005 with decent km for about 26-28 000$CAN. Recently, Acura released their new CSX Type S (same engine as RSX-S if I'm correct.) The CSX-S' retail price is about 33 000$CAN for the Type S, fully equipped.

Of course, there's a price difference between them. I'm just worried about the fact that everyone says that the TSX STOCK is slow as hell. Right now, my needs are different than before. I used to have an RSX-S 02. I'm not looking for something "BMW M5" fast, but I don't want either a "Mazda 3" slow car... (Dont get me wrong, Mazda3 are great cars, just slightly too slow for me.)

CSX-S might be a best "in the middle" for me as I guess its probably lighter than a TSX, and has about the same amount of luxury.

Thanks a lot, any opinion will be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
CSX-S i think is the better bang for the buck, plus it comes with the navi, its extra on the TSX
TSX for looks and comfort, while CSX-S for speed and has the potential for a CTR conversion
the CSX-S uses the same engine as the civic si 197HP, 139lbs-ft and it uses DBW
not the same as the RSX-S 201HP, 142lbs-ft
CSX-S ain't selling well so u might be able to get a bargin, i have strong doubts whether it will be available beyond MY07 but this is just my opinion
i'd say go CSX-S to be different and CTR conversion possiblity
it will take alot to do a CTR conversion, black window trim, rims, JDM headlights, badging, body colored door handles (their chrome on CSX), K20a internals (this time it uses DBW as documted here http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=670405) "Drive-By-Wire (DBW) provides for finer tuning of throttle response and power output", push start, CTR gauge cluster, possibly a new dash so u have the vtec gauge (http://www.vtec.net/news/news-image?image=670405/07jdmctr-008.jpg), spoiler, side-view mirrors (CSX has the blinkers on em, it appears the CTR does not, but u can just take em off a regular civic), brembo's, brake ducts, both front seat and rear seat recaro's, CSX-S has the racing pedals but is missing the dead pedal unlike the CTR so your gonna need that, steering wheel, side-markers, CTR carpet and door trims, CTR shift knob appears to be the same as the ITR
am i missing anything?
the only thing u can keep is the LSD and HID's

#13 ·
Thanks all for your answers. And dont worry, I'm not planning a CTR conversion anytime soon. Not a big fan of full conversions anyways....

I guess I should definitely give them both a try... TSX looks like a good choice, I just need to try one, alone, and see what its got.

#23 ·
finally saw the CSX-S in person, it was NBP (looks much better with the body colored door handles as opposed to the regular CSX which is chrome)
exterior looks really good, pics don't do it justice however i found the interior pretty ho-hum (looks better in pics) and i didn't find the navi all that impressive
seats were ok

#25 ·
TSX looks much nicer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.