Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
o2' Type S
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know that this has been covered a million times before and i HAVE searched the forums but...I really would like to know how much work it takes to put the tsx mirrors on an 02 ssm_Type S. I also had the idea of combining the power folding mirrors that i installed and the tsx mirrors..So thefore i woul only need the housing of the TSX mirrors and try to put the power folding mirror motor into the housing..

·
tinyROAR.com
2,205 Posts
good luck! there is alot to modify to get the housing to fit the rsx, if you aren't good with fabrication i would not attempt this.
also the tsx mirrors look really big and out of place.

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,973 Posts
good luck! there is alot to modify to get the housing to fit the rsx, if you aren't good with fabrication i would not attempt this.
also the tsx mirrors look really big and out of place.
they are not that big, there is a member on here who has done it and it looks hot :thumbsup:

·
o2' Type S
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i know, I believe his name is Paul Aerodeck i was hoping the he graces us with his presence and shed some light on the installation it doesnt matter how difficult it might be i just wanted to do it for myself. Hopefully he makes a DIY...

·
I Love My Wife
2,738 Posts
the tsx mirrors look good on an RSX. can't remember who's car I saw them on but the guy said it was too much work. he said if he knew just how much effort he was going to put into the "little" project he wouldn't have done it.

·
iHeartDC5's
872 Posts
While he may have said it's a hard job, can it really be that hard of a job in concept?

You either (1) take the actual mirror of the black base of the OEM RSX mirror and fabricate a way to mount the TSX mirror onto the RSX base, or (2) take the whole OEM mirror off the car and fabricate a way to mount the TSX base/mirror onto the car door itself. With a dremel tool, power drill, maybe Bondo and JB-Weld and maybe some flat black paint, I fail to see why it would be so hard... At most this project would take a dedicated DIY'er maybe 4 days tops (to get parts and leave time for Bondo and JB-Weld drying time).

I haven't attempted this because TSX mirrors are fairly expensive, and I wouldn't be able to find any in Magnesium Metallic, so I'd have to have it painted again, or DIY paint it, which I'm really not up for.

·
Moscow, Russia
214 Posts
Yes, i make it.
Sorry, but i haven't DIY because i don't shoot this process.
And my english is not good to make it :(

But in two words, you need to cut RSX mount mirror, like on photo.
And sure you will need to rewiring it and remount mirror on mirror's mount (black part on photo)

Final pictures

·
Moscow, Russia
214 Posts
And one addition: i have mirrors not from TSX, i have it from EuroAccord (CL7) and it's don't have power folding. Only LED blinkers, heating and 2-zone aspherical mirror element. If you want power folding, you must have mirror mount part (black one on photo) from JDM Integra IS or Type-R.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
^ thanks Paul

one of the cleanest rsx's imo...looks great and love the tsx mirrors :thumbsup:

·
Moscow, Russia
214 Posts
Yes, i'm do it. I don't know why link on my signature is not working :( Old messages on this phorum is simply deleted?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts