Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am VERY pleased with the TSX knob :D so much more weight to it than stock. Shifts actually feel smoother, and easier. Plus its looks are fabulous.
Maybe a JDM shift boot next to match.
Love the look of the shaved back now, all sleek!

Anyway, both were easy to install, but the wiper removal was significantly more difficuly due to hatch trim removal and my lack of tools :thumbsdow

~Jake

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, u just push the stock collar down with ur hands, unscrew the OEM knob, then put a new Ziptie under the boot and put the collar back " upside down" so only a little of the collar shows.... or you can do without the collar

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All you are doing is putting the stock plastic collar, UPSIDE DOWN
When u take off the shift boot console and turn it inside out, you will see that the plastic collar is held on by a ziptie, u just take off the ziptie, and turn the collar upside down, put on a new ziptie. that will make the collar only partially show. Then I put a rubber grommet to hold up the boot, or else it will sag down..

·
Now rollin' 6MT GDurtay5
33,917 Posts
Not bad man, looks good!

I love that shiftknob, sometimes i wish i hadn't bought my 04 TL knob and had bought that one... Owell, original can be better right :dontknow: lol!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Np! the knob really helps with the shifts :thumbsup: . I no longer feel every little bite during the shift, 3rd gear seems to go in more easily. But I am still reluctant to bring it to acura for the TSB on the syncros. its not THAT bad, but i still notice some tiny notchyness. . . .

·
Registered
849 Posts
how muich did the tsx shift knob cost you?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fatcircles said:
now redout ur tails!
:confused: :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:
LoL
are you color-blind my friend :rolleyes: I can see in 1 pic, from the flash, it looks like I did not, but they are redded out :thumbsup: FOR Now at least. . . .

TSX Knob I got from a member here, Ssainai. 80$ shipped :thumbsup:
If you get it form an acura/honda parts site, its over 130! same for S2k knob. Just try the s2ki .com forum in the parts for sale, they are ALWAYS selling theirs. Basically the same as TSX, just black number lettering on the top.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Damn...130$?! Yea ill be looking around for ahile waiting for someone trying to get rid of theirs for like 30 bucks hahaha. I thought eh s2000 one had red letters and was only $55?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts