Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get my steering wheel to come back towards me by about an inch or so. I haven't been able to find any spacers that would allow me to do this so I started to look for an aftermarket telescopic system. Then I discovered that the TSX has tilt and telescopic steering.

Anyone know if it would be possible to put this into an RSX. I would prefer to keep the RSX wheel but put in the TSX tilt and telescopic wheel mount. Doable or already done by anyone?

I wish you could look up schematics of the assemblies online so that I could see if this could be done without buying a Helms service manual for both cars.

·
28,748 Posts
Very interesting. I'd like to find out more on this too. There is no way i'll ever switch to a TSX steering wheel.

Ideal for me would be:
RSX airbag and steering wheel center cover
Civic EP Outer Steering Ring
TSX Telescoping

If that was possible..........omg

·
Audio Junkie
3,778 Posts
omg back from the dead, gratz for using search feature tho
i wanna kno as well

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just ask the guys over at West Coast Customs:thumbsup: LOL

sounds interesting and probably do-able, but expensive. Just go to the dealership and check out the blow up schematics of everything that attaches to the steering column. redoing the plastics and stuff would be the easier task just as long as the parts could bolt up and wiring the buttons/tilt controls are possible. ???

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
bump. interested

·
07 TL Switchblade Key Guy
3,167 Posts
the accord euro r version has our steering wheel....

so it might work....... i would love to be able to move my steering toward me about an inch.... i'm like 5'11 but i still need to move my seat forward 3 clicks to grip the steering comfortably. moving the wheel would allow me to sit all the way back, and it would be perfect ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
just looking at the various net available blow-up scematics, it LOOKS possible. It does not look like a direct bolton, with the "end-shaft" looking much different between the two.

However, I will need to find both in a junkyard to compare/contrast them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Bump to see if there is anymore info on this?

Moving the steering wheel out a couple of inches was my first mod. At 6'5" I have to set way back and that stubby little column was killing me. I bumped mine out about 3" and may wind up doing a couple more once I get the seat moved back. But it was a total custom fab job, welding in some slotted plates to keep the "collapsible" design of the steering column and an extension for the actual stub that turns the wheels.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts