Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the tunable hondata that is going to be released march 1st work with a 5 speed rsx?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
punkdrum4ever1 said:
Will the tunable hondata that is going to be released march 1st work with a 5 speed rsx?
Nope. It says so in the hondata page
www.hondata.com
Its in the first page,so you cant miss it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Initially available for US RSX-S only, using a PND, PRB, PRC, or PNF ECU. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual. ECUs for 5 speed transmissions will not operate the reverse lock solenoid on 6 speed transmissions."

Thats what it said on the website. I was thinking it might work because it said it wont lock the reverse solenoid we dont have?
 

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
Joined
·
1,518 Posts
otherwise, they're saying that it won't lock out your Reverse solenoid on a 5 speed transmission, where on the type S it'd be 6'th gear. So it'd be possible to tool along in 5th gear, shift to reverse, and have a mess on your hands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But technically it would work right?
 

·
ASSISTANT MASTER MECHANIC
Joined
·
2,389 Posts
Aft3rburn said:
otherwise, they're saying that it won't lock out your Reverse solenoid on a 5 speed transmission, where on the type S it'd be 6'th gear. So it'd be possible to tool along in 5th gear, shift to reverse, and have a mess on your hands.
That hurts just thinking that
 

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
Joined
·
1,518 Posts
I still don't think it'd work right...I wouldn't expect "Type-S" performance....different valves, compression, intake runners, etc....

I wouldn't ever suggest anyone sticking a Type S specific ECU in their 5 speed....
Please don't ruin your sweet ride...just wait a little longer...Hondata will have something for the rest of the crew, just be patient:)
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
punkdrum4ever1 said:
But technically it would work right?
Yes, but:

The secondary intake runners would not work as the RSX-S ECU can not control them.

And you would need to take it to a dyno and tune from scratch as the supplied maps are for a RSX-S with 310 injectors.

If you had made big changes to your base model, such as ITR intake, RSX - S head swap or K24 bottom end, then it might be worth it.


Doug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. Guess its time to sell hondata. I was hoping to use the tunable version to boost with but i guess not....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
Hondata Doug

As you come out with new and/or updated tuning programs for the programmable ECU, will we be able to download them from your web site? I want to make sure that it would not be premature to upgrade to the programmable ECU as soon as it is available.
Thank you.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
Todd said:
Hondata Doug

As you come out with new and/or updated tuning programs for the programmable ECU, will we be able to download them from your web site? I want to make sure that it would not be premature to upgrade to the programmable ECU as soon as it is available.
Thank you.
As upgrades become available you will be able to download them. I suspect there will also be a great number of tuning files generated by users.

Doug
 

·
...
Joined
·
6,734 Posts
Hmm. Not sure if this is viable. But, what are the chances that a "user" uploads a faulty map (virus) and someone downloads it? Then when they run the map in the ECU and the car dies? What happens then?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,634 Posts
wdsonny said:
Hmm. Not sure if this is viable. But, what are the chances that a "user" uploads a faulty map (virus) and someone downloads it? Then when they run the map in the ECU and the car dies? What happens then?
Or if you shifted into forth gear at 4:20 going 42 mph and you entered the Twilight Zone. Then what?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,435 Posts
will I be able to pick this update up from Ericks racing? I will have to flash back to stock from hondata 4 when I install the turbo next month. Will it still be on record that I paid for hondata 4, and will I get the discount on the turbo flash?

Also, approx how much will it be? Thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Hondata, so are we going to be able to buy those programable ECU's on the 1st of march?
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
Will the tunable hondata that is going to be released march 1st work with a 5 speed rsx?
I would estimate the manual base RSX ECU will be done around late April / early May. Just hold on until then.

zulusTypeS said:
Hondata, so are we going to be able to buy those programable ECU's on the 1st of march?
Yes. We're getting more boards made right now but I still think we will be out of stock after the first week of March for about one week.

otherwise, they're saying that it won't lock out your Reverse solenoid on a 5 speed transmission, where on the type S it'd be 6'th gear. So it'd be possible to tool along in 5th gear, shift to reverse, and have a mess on your hands.
Have you tried to shift into reverse while moving? It is not possible because the reverse gear has no synchro, no dogs and no way will it drop down between the main and counter shafts (it will just grind a bit). I know this because I have driven for six months on a base ECU in my type S, so occasionly get reverse rather than 6th.

Derek.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top