Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Author Unknown
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HKS S.S. BOV[sick of Blitz], Blitz Nur-Spec Exhaust system, Apexi Turbo Timer, Blitz Boost Controller, TurboXS Stage 4 pipe setup, Cobb-Tuning Short-Throw Shifter(Hell of a difference), Fuel Injectors & Pump upgraded, Vishnu unichip- RE-programmed for VF30 Turbo, ACT clutch, cat removed, Upgraded Pistons&Rings, bottom-end built. Internal holding & ass kicking. Now: 12.103 @ 112.44 mph @ 20psi

First of all, what is a "TXS Stage IV pipe setup"?

Next,
What intercooler are you running?
What is your displacement on the rebuilt motor?
Are you running race gas?
Is the Unichip on a default map or custom tuned? Did Vishnu tune it?

May I please see a time slip?

Unless you have some mods/things left out of your sig and it needs updating, you have the fastest vf30 WRX on the planet with the least amount of mods. Help me figure this out, please.

I had a vf30 WRX TSX Stage 4 unichip car with pump and injectors, and even at 18psi, it was simply nowhere near your car's output. I'm trying to figure out what I am not seeing. :cool:

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Tunervision is kinda shady...I have called him out so many times and he always has some kind of excuse (we both live near each other and I know the track where he runs these supposed times).

He may produce a slip but that doesn’t mean that he ran that time. Truly he may have what he says he has, but his "in your face" attitude along with his supposed outstanding track times (times that the Cobb WRX and other WRX's in mags cant even touch with more $$$ and more mods) makes me a little suspicious that he is a buster. …well the jury is still out IMO.

·
Registered
235 Posts
mastap said:
Tunervision is kinda shady...I have called him out so many times and he always has some kind of excuse (we both live near each other and I know the track where he runs these supposed times).

He may produce a slip but that doesn’t mean that he ran that time. Truly he may have what he says he has, but his "in your face" attitude along with his supposed outstanding track times (times that the Cobb WRX and other WRX's in mags cant even touch with more $$$ and more mods) makes me a little suspicious that he is a buster. He is a dick for sure but whether he is lying dick…well the jury is still out IMO.

Well, the Cobb mag times are nothing to judge by, that car is capable of so much more than C&D was able to come up with. Also, that's an autox car first and foremost. I will agree that those mods and the way they are listed is kind of shady. He's got a couple different exhausts listed and then makes mention of a removed cat (perhaps a gutted uppipe) but if he was serious about this and had all those other parts in his car he'd have an aftermarket uppipe... Boost controller and engine management is a little iffy but possible, I don't know as much about the Unichip as other engine management. He also goes into detail about a BOV and not his injectors or fuel pump which I find kind of odd.

VF30 cars have hit mid 12s without being built, and no N20, so maybe it's possible... But I agree, something doesn't seem right. Sounds to me that he did some research on making up an imaginery car, but not quite enough research.

·
Author Unknown
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RedCelica said:
use the Private Message feature next time...

ibtl
:rolleyes:
Tried that already, champ. No dice. As he's an active poster around here, I figure its a very valid question for us to know.

BTW, he has posted in the SRT-4 thread a few times since the PM and this thread. If we are continued to be greeted with silence, I'm going to assume that his times are BS.

:spin:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
ROFL at noize.

Check history of my "active status", I haven't been here for almost 4 months as I was out of country. Like what kleefton said.

Very recently since 4 days ago I started visiting here again, and 3.9.2004, exactly at 1:21pm pacific time, I logged into clubrsx, and got your private message.

Why the hell would I run away? Maybe you need to get something better to do, but since you are being a little weirdo, I'll show you whats up. Gladly.

Here we go mr.i-dont-trust-you-because-my-rex-were-slower-than-yours.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Noize said:
First of all, what is a "TXS Stage IV pipe setup"?

Next,
What intercooler are you running?
What is your displacement on the rebuilt motor?
Are you running race gas?
Is the Unichip on a default map or custom tuned? Did Vishnu tune it?

May I please see a time slip?

Unless you have some mods/things left out of your sig and it needs updating, you have the fastest vf30 WRX on the planet with the least amount of mods. Help me figure this out, please.

I had a vf30 WRX TSX Stage 4 unichip car with pump and injectors, and even at 18psi, it was simply nowhere near your car's output. I'm trying to figure out what I am not seeing. :cool:
My buddy owns a shop in my area. Its called Speed-Concept, and official distributor of Injen also. You can find their contact information from Injen website. Call them up and ask for tony.
They gives me just tons of hook ups. We were best friends since he started business.

Why am I telling you this? because your ignorance may needs some background history of me before you ask stupidass questions again.

XS stage 4 pipings, please, god tell me you know what this is.
talking about a tuning n00b.
If you got good enough tuning skills backed up by a right shop,
You would know going all out stage on one specific company may
sometimes result in less potential. To maximaze, you use different
parts from different brands to maximaze your output.
Thats what my buddy shop speed concept and me did to my "daily" WRX.

For exhaustion, I am using TurboXS' 3in SS high flow cat, SS midpipe,
and 2.5in SS muffler assy. And of course, XS uppipe is included in the package.
Thats what stage XS stage 4 piping setup I meant. understood?

APS FMIC is custom fitted, foglights were taking off during the process.
I wanted to stay blitz all around, but unfortunately for even more optimal output, I was recommanded APS.

Displacement was increased from 2.0L to 2.2L as many already know its the best choise for non-STI rex to out perform their original potential.
Jun's stroker kit was involved, which included shaved crankshaft, F/A pistons, and connecting rods. bore and stroke were raised to 92.5 x 79.0mm.

Whenever I run at track, I preferred my local shop's 100octane race gas provided by 76.

unichip re-flashing and tuning process were done by our local shop, and it was designed to provide 110% output performance, because that was what was recommanded for lowest time. Which was accomplished. however, streetability required lowering boost much lower because of this particular setup.
For quick note, in this process my turboXS PNP rev.3 harness were changed by vishnu EMI harness because to help shop's ability to tune IHI VF30 to their specs for maximum effeciency.

This resulted in 12.103 @ 112.44 mph, in PIR open-runs. Timeslips were posted and has been discussed about. You can go search in vs-all forum, which I ain't about to be that nice to you.
Side note, to be honest, it is the truth that PIR in Oregon gets much lower times because of elevation and very very cold temperature.

Considering everything including track conditions, Shop told me my time was well deserved.
Remember, All those installation was done almost at ONCE. My car was in the shop for 21 days.

It is also well known that in wrx community, no one has ever hit 11s without nitrous as far as last I saw.
It is reality for me too sadly, for me to get into 11s, I will need some extra oxide.

Go figure. :lame:

·
The fixer
32,108 Posts
Shit, if I knew what the hell he was talking about, I'd say owned: But I don't know a damn thing about suby tuning, so I'll just keep my mouth shut until Bigbuyer gets here :tonguegri :spin:

·
Author Unknown
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Tuner.Vision. said:
Why am I telling you this? because your ignorance may needs some background history of me before you ask stupidass questions again.
Or maybe your sig needs updating, because it is TOTALLY INACCURATE concerning your current modlist. :rolleyes:

XS stage 4 pipings, please, god tell me you know what this is.
talking about a tuning n00b.... For exhaustion, I am using TurboXS' 3in SS high flow cat, SS midpipe, and 2.5in SS muffler assy. And of course, XS uppipe is included in the package. Thats what stage XS stage 4 piping setup I meant. understood?
Tuning n00b? LMAO!! How in the crap does you misnaming your exhaust parts and leaving lots of mods out of your sig make me a "tuning n00b"? You are an English language n00b! First of all, I ran some TXS components on my WRX and have friends that still do as well (been under several WRXes to work on them), so I'm pretty qualified to talk about their parts. So that is why from any WRX owner's standpoint, your sig makes YOU look like the idiot on here by calling your TBE and uppipe a "Stage IV pipe kit". But unlike you, I AM nice, and started out this thread civally to better understand what your sig meant in relation to your times, so I'll take the time to educate you about the TXS products on your car. Stage IV is the designation for a parts list that includes the TBE, uppipe, STi injectors, UTEC, Walbro 255lph pump, and ihivf30 or 34 turbocharger. The EXACT same exhaust components you claim to have is also part of their Stage II power upgrade. So if you learned to speak English and put "TXS Uppipe and Turbo-back exhaust", everyone would've been able to understand.

Also, don't give me some BS line about not wanting to take the time to update your sig. You sure as crap updated the timeslip portion of it; so why not the parts list? Your sig still claims that you still have the other exhaust components (which are obviously gone now), and didn't even make mention of ANY downpipe. Does you understand why your sig makes no sense now? :rolleyes:

If you got good enough tuning skills backed up by a right shop,
You would know going all out stage on one specific company may
sometimes result in less potential. To maximaze, you use different
parts from different brands to maximaze your output.
Thats what my buddy shop speed concept and me did to my "daily" WRX.
I agree 100%. You can't source everything from one manufacturer and expect to have all the best parts. To support this, you made mention to a Blitz Nur Spec in your sig, and the only part that will bolt up to the TXS system is the axle-back piece. Yet apparently you've replaced it with a TXS muffler-back, as you now say above that you're using it in the above post.

APS FMIC is custom fitted
Nowhere in your sig. It leads you people to believe that you are running the stock top mount. Make sense?

I wanted to stay blitz all around, but unfortunately for even more optimal output, I was recommanded APS.
I understand completely. Some company's parts make more power than others. I like APS intercoolers a lot!

Displacement was increased from 2.0L to 2.2L as many already know its the best choise for non-STI rex to out perform their original potential.
Jun's stroker kit was involved, which included shaved crankshaft, F/A pistons, and connecting rods. bore and stroke were raised to 92.5 x 79.0mm.
Again, that information would give your sig time a lot more credibility. Starting to notice a pattern here? This parts list sounds A LOT more like a low 12 second car than the list in your sig. Instead of getting uber pissed about it, read your sig list and see if you think it looks like a low 12 second WRX.

Whenever I run at track, I preferred my local shop's 100octane race gas provided by 76.
How are you dealing with that on the Unichip, though? It doesn't have multiple maps like a UTEC. Obviously, you cannot run around on a race gas map on the street with 93 octane. Do you have two Unichips?

unichip re-flashing and tuning process were done by our local shop, and it was designed to provide 110% output performance, because that was what was recommanded for lowest time. Which was accomplished. however, streetability required lowering boost much lower because of this particular setup.
Makes a little more sense now. You're tuned for a race gas map, and then you turn the boost down for the street. Here's an thought, get newer fuel management that will support multiple maps. The car will love you for it and run a lot better on the street.

For quick note, in this process my turboXS PNP rev.3 harness were changed by vishnu EMI harness because to help shop's ability to tune IHI VF30 to their specs for maximum effeciency.
I promise you'll make more power with an XEDE or UTEC, particularly on the street.

This resulted in 12.103 @ 112.44 mph, in PIR open-runs. Timeslips were posted and has been discussed about. You can go search in vs-all forum, which I ain't about to be that nice to you.
You think I didn't look before I posted this? I could not find these timeslips, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Can someone on here point me to this link? Any link to dyno runs as well?

Side note, to be honest, it is the truth that PIR in Oregon gets much lower times because of elevation and very very cold temperature.
Elevation hurts, but AWD turbo cars LOVE cold temperature. Trust me, I've run in 90 degree weather. To support this, the correction factor for extreme heat on a dyno is pretty generous as well.

I spent only around 8 grand for everything including parts, several tune-ups, and installation.
Go figure.
Ouch, that is A LOT of coin for a low 12!

Edit: Want to run 11s without nitrous? Get that tiny little vf30 off your stroked motor and put a real turbo on there, like a Forced Performance Green! It isn't rocket science, dude.

·
Author Unknown
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bradleyland said:
Shit, if I knew what the hell he was talking about, I'd say owned: But I don't know a damn thing about suby tuning, :tonguegri :spin:
Yeah, it will pay off to hold your tongue on that.

·
Author Unknown
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tuner.Vision. said:
It is also well known that in wrx community, no one has ever hit 11s without nitrous as far as last I saw.
It is reality for me too sadly, for me to get into 11s, I will need some extra oxide.
I sure missed this gem. Have you even looked within the last year and a half? There are quite a few now. Here's a small sampling: http://www.scoobymile.com/

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
No ownage here. Just car talk.

Thanks for advices Noize. I'll keep that in mind. :)

Let me know if you want to know more about my car, how its running, setup, etc. I'll be glad to talk about it with you.

And don't take "tuning n00b" too offensively, I do apologize for rudeness, but look at this thread and your previous posts man. I think anyone would get offended by the things you've said in this post.

But glad we understood each other.

-tony

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
very interesting suby stuff..=)

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Just curious what you did when you "shaved" your crank?

And please don't call me a tuning noob. I have 30+ years of racing (as a mechanic and driver) experience. :p

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
DanB said:
Just curious what you did when you "shaved" your crank?

And please don't call me a tuning noob. I have 30+ years of racing (as a mechanic and driver) experience. :p

ROFL. Jackson Racing owns you. :rotfl:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts