Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've recently installed a used turbo kit on my 04 type-s. Its a Cybernation stage 2 with 650cc injectors. The previous owner had it tuned by Dave at whipfactory here in Illinois. After installing the kit I uploaded his calibration. He had a bone stock type-s with this turbo kit and an exhaust. The only changes I have are; RBC intake manifold, 70mm BDL throttle body, Hondata Map sensor, and Hondata boost controller. Now I know absolutely nothing about Hondata or tuning so I need some help.
Starting the car takes about twice as many cranking cycles as it should. Then once the car is started it will not rev past 4000 rpm and revs up to that very slowly. I don't know how to post the calibration so If someone could tell me I would appreciate it.

I DONT EXPECT HELP FOR FREE! I will definately be willing to pay a fair price to anyone that takes the time to help and walk me through this, or if any knowledgeable person lives in the south Chicagoland area and could possibly come by my shop to help that would be greatly appreciated!! If price needs to be discussed before hand then thats no problem. I just want to drive my car!!!!

Thankyou! Eric

DATALOG ADDED

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From what I understand, that tune was very aggresive and made 360whp at 9.8psi

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
The kal looks fine

Where is your MAP sensor located? on the stock location? you cannot have it at the stock area with an RBC

take the map sensor out, plug the hole and use the hole on the RBC manifold to put the MAP sensor

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is on the throttle body... Could that really be causing these syptoms?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll do it first thing tomorrow then. If it doesn't work I'll datalog and send you that. If it does work, then you fixed it, so I'll pay you anyway. Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just looking at the Karcepts RBC installation guide and it says "If using a k20a2, install the provided rubber plug into your RBC intake manifold MAP sensor port." How come they don't tell you to put the MAP sensor in Manifold?

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Hrm perhaps its only the 05-06 that need to change it, I don't recall

If you can get a datalog, it would help greatly determine the problem
With the laptop hooked up, press F9 to record data, press F9 to stop recording

Save the datalog by going to Datalog, Save As and upload it in the same manner as you did the calibration in the first post

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
ibHardcoreasks4monies

·
Registered
41 Posts
The kal looks fine

Where is your MAP sensor located? on the stock location? you cannot have it at the stock area with an RBC

take the map sensor out, plug the hole and use the hole on the RBC manifold to put the MAP sensor

I have my stock map sensor in the stock 02 EP3 TB position, not on the RBC, and I don't notice anything wrong..:dontknow:

Why can't you have it at the stock area with an RBC?

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
Mag sticks his junk in young dead animals

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
nope thats just a link

you need to upload the .kdl file

thats just a shortcut to your computer, cant use that

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn I thought I had it! I have no idea how to do it then.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.