Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i didnt know if i should post this here or in the tuning section. Ive been running on a 75 shot dry with kpro and ive been thinking about upping the shot to a 100, the idea is to start nitrous rich and pull an extra degree or two of timing and then start gradually taking out fuel and adding in timing as the revs go up. The goal is to run nitrous with out the sudden hit and have the prower clime up gradually, i tried it on the 75 shot and works well but i wanted to know if its any better for the motor or not and if it sounds suitable to run a 100 shot on the same system, i havent found anything like this so i thought might as well ask more experienced members

·
kozak
634 Posts
As far as better for the motor goes...your idea of a gradual increase in power would be better for the motor. However, running rich is not better for the motor. If I were you I would just add another line/solenoid and run it as a two or three stage nitrous setup. you wouldn't want all 100hp in first or second gear anyways so you can do something like 50 hp in second gear and the additional 50 as you start third gear.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about doing something like that since i already have the solenoids sitting around, other than foiling the plugs how is running rich bad for my engine considering i dont have a cat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts