Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
175 Posts
I'm trying to elaborate a list of resources that would help anybody understand the concept of tuning, specially the K-Pro.

If you have any book, article, video, seminar or any other resource that has helped you understand the process of tuning a vehicle please post it and I'll add it to the list. And yes, I'm a newbie. :thumbsup:

Books:
- Forced Induction Performance Tuning: A Practical Guide to Supercharging and Turbocharging by A. Graham Bell

- How to Tune and Modify Engine Managements Systems by Jeff Hartman

- Four-Stroke Performance Tuning by A. Graham Bell

- Modern Engine Tuning by A. Graham Bell

- Building and Tuning High-Performance Fuel Injection by Ben Strader

Website Articles:
- The Hondata K-Pro ECU by Conrad

- Advanced Tuning - Honda Tuning with the Hondata K-Pro by Conrad

Magazine Articles:

Seminars:
- Hondata Seminar

- Hondata Seminar - Additional Notes

- EFI 101

- EFI Advanced

Others:
- Conrad's RSX Page

*UPDATED* as of 9/21/2004

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thanks dude for the info.

·
ECU Tuner
4,285 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
hi conrad-playing with igntion on a i/h/e map i checked ur article:

surely its an absolute adjustment?

'To eliminate that knocking, select a rectangle of data points at that area, then reduce ignition by 2% or so'

sorry to be a pain in the ass

·
ECU Tuner
4,285 Posts
alanb said:
hi conrad-playing with igntion on a i/h/e map i checked ur article:

surely its an absolute adjustment?

'To eliminate that knocking, select a rectangle of data points at that area, then reduce ignition by 2% or so'

sorry to be a pain in the ass
You're never one of those, Alan. :) Did I get something wrong? If so, let me know what it is and I'll correct it.

·
K Builder
588 Posts
carlitosz said:
Also when tuning full throttle maps, collum 9 and 10, make sure the maps are very close to the same fuel value on the low cam and beginning of the high cam, and then perfect by leaning out or richening them, so the crossover isn't totally off the chart.

also when tuning in open loop always try to tune any part of the map for 13.2 AF, that way if the motor is taking longer to go from open loop to closed loop you'll benefit from a perfect power producing AF ratio than a loss.

(spend more time on the 30 degree and 40 degree cam angle maps then the 0 - 10 -20 ones) because once you accelerate the cam will start rotating quickly.

tune only on supreme, if your curious about ignition, wait half tank, and get regular, then when you get some spikes reduce timing, then keep on increasing timing... watch the threshold level.

do the same and then drive on regular gas, tune.. if your car runs on regular gas, and no knocking then your good, if you wanna make power then increase 2 degree's on column 9 and 10 and upload, that way you get mild igntion in case you get bad gas, and if you step on it and notice knock you'll still drive reliably under load until your next fill....

a throttlebody mod can allow you to get 0% index and up to 105% full throttle openning getting you close to perfect volumetric Ef on your motor (intake required, possibly better on other mods). the throttlebody is limited by the factory for a specific reason. investigate this for even more power gains.

there are other things but i'll keep them to myself for a while :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts