Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BOOST
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a huge question... just now sitting at a light with my foot on the BRAKE, my rpms when from 1000 to 2000 then dropped to 1000 and then climbed back to 2000 then dropped back down over and over and over ... they car was in neutral either with foot on clutch or just totally out of gear... i reached down and tried to pull my throttle pedal up but it did nothing, its like it has a mind of its own....

PLEASE help i have no idea what the heck is wrong...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know that the stock computer will trigger that when the fuel is too lean sometimes. Did you get a CEL?

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
the 2krpm problem is a studder at slight throttle due to being way over rich at 2krpm. This was a sign of the OLD Emanage maps. The new one does not have the 2k studder. It only happend while under load. Like launching....you can not get it to happen in neutral. If you put the RPM needle at 2krpm's while not moving it will bounce slightly. This happens from 2k to the stage rev limiter at 5k. And this happens on all the emanage maps. and is normal. But none of this is what ecks is talking about. Like wunluv said....sounds like a vacume line has been compromised.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Did you check the vacuum lines?

I've had 2 similar "incidents" with my car: Both easy to fix once determined what it is.

1. Vacuum leak
2. Dirt or some other particles stuck inside the throttle body flap.

If it only happens when you're at idle, it's probably just a vacuum leak. When you're driving around, take your foot off the gas, if the car accelerates w/o you giving it any throttle, it could be the flap. (Based on personal experience since both have happened to me). Other than that, I dont know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts