Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys to get straight to the point I really want to turbo my 2002 rsx type s but not sure of what parts to get I’ve had ideas of first getting a tune on my car such as Kpro or either ktuner then getting the parts for the turbo any suggestions what set up to get or what you guys are currently running ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would say to get kpro instead of ktuner. Kpro suits the 02-04 models better and ktuner on the other hand is better for 05-06 models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I bought one, and now I'm building one. Its lots of $ so I took my time finding deals. Start with a HP goal and that will tell you what you what size of things you need.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Can always try getting a greddy kit but havent seen any used kits that are actually worth it come up for sale in years. Just do a turbo build search and read what other people have done, there is SEVERAL good builds on here that have pictures still within the thread. I cant count how many of them i have read to get ideas for my build. But anything below the 500hp mark your good to go on a factory sealed engine.

My goal is roughly 600hp on "high boost". I have been collecting parts as i find them, and buy good condition used parts where i can, but will buy new on engine internals.

So far i have picked up:
-T3 single scroll sidewinder Peakboost kit missing the turbo and down pipe.
-Hasport solid mounts
-RBC intake manifold
-ID 1100cc injectors
-Bosch 044 fuel pump
-AEM wideband gage
-Kpro V4
-CC Twin disk clutch
-EM1 master cylinder
-66mm Tial wastegate
-Tial BOV

Ordering Soon:
-EP3 electric power steering rack
-8AN Steel braided fuel lines - fuel feed
-6AN steel braided fuel lines - fuel return
-JE pistons 10.8:1
-Brian crower rods
-5spd base rsx trans
-Bearings, gaskets, and ARP head studs
-Fuel rail
-borg warner sx362 or sx366 turbo
-Plus all the small stuff... gaskets, arp bolts...etc

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can always try getting a greddy kit but havent seen any used kits that are actually worth it come up for sale in years. Just do a turbo build search and read what other people have done, there is SEVERAL good builds on here that have pictures still within the thread. I cant count how many of them i have read to get ideas for my build. But anything below the 500hp mark your good to go on a factory sealed engine.

My goal is roughly 600hp on "high boost". I have been collecting parts as i find them, and buy good condition used parts where i can, but will buy new on engine internals.

So far i have picked up:

-T3 single scroll sidewinder Peakboost kit missing the turbo and down pipe.

-Hasport solid mounts

-RBC intake manifold

-ID 1100cc injectors

-Bosch 044 fuel pump

-AEM wideband gage

-Kpro V4

-CC Twin disk clutch

-EM1 master cylinder

-66mm Tial wastegate

-Tial BOV

Ordering Soon:

-EP3 electric power steering rack

-8AN Steel braided fuel lines - fuel feed

-6AN steel braided fuel lines - fuel return

-JE pistons 10.8:1

-Brian crower rods

-5spd base rsx trans

-Bearings, gaskets, and ARP head studs

-Fuel rail

-borg warner sx362 or sx366 turbo

-Plus all the small stuff... gaskets, arp bolts...etc

Sounds like this is going to be a nasty build!! All I’m lacking right now is the turbo kit and building the trans and ill be shooting for 500. 500 will be reliable for a long time with the build I currently have.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Sounds like this is going to be a nasty build!! All I’m lacking right now is the turbo kit and building the trans and ill be shooting for 500. 500 will be reliable for a long time with the build I currently have.

hopefully thats the case. im putting together a mock engine now to set into the car to work on relocating the wiring harness, fuse box, battery, mount the front mount, build a crash bar. and make sure everything is going to fit. I might order a turbo soon so i can work on my down pipe and modify inter cooler piping. I still need pistons and rods, but its become very difficult to find a bare block that doesnt need to be bored out. Its pushing me further to just sleeve a block unfortunately... that will REALLY set me back to get it running sooner. $1200 for sleeves really consumes a lot of build money.

·
Super Moderator
23,704 Posts
sounds like another kid who's done ZERO research.
What size spoon does your mouth fit for us to feed you with?!

There is HUNDREDS of builds and pages about turbo kits.. even a turbo chat.
Join them, read them, research them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts