561 - 580 of 1096 Posts

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
:shady: sup guys

·
Always on TDY...
2,149 Posts
Thanks mayne. Ready to start my new life.
Good morning Sir... Sorry to read this man. Overall, I'm glad to see you are content and ready to move on. Cheers :beerchug:

·
doing stuff
3,594 Posts
Injectors ordered :shady:
Cool dude! I've got mine completely knocked back together with the turbo now. It's running good, but wants to idle down... not catch sometimes and die. The idle slider isn't really helping. Different injectors / lower compression / different map sensor... guess I need to get to a real tuner again...

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Cool dude! I've got mine completely knocked back together with the turbo now. It's running good, but wants to idle down... not catch sometimes and die. The idle slider isn't really helping. Different injectors / lower compression / different map sensor... guess I need to get to a real tuner again...
Hmm...if you changed all those parameters in kpro, it should be close. Sounds like your ICV is stuck. Shit gets gummed up fairly often. Depends on injector size/brand as well. Some ain't worth a shit on a low pulse width...i.e. idle.

very nice. What did you go with? I just got my 2000cc in the other day.
Went with FID 1300. Little on the small side, but running a 450 pump at 65 base, 8an feed, should be solid for 600whp.

Also, I'm not completely convinced that a larger injector can idle all that well without washing the cylinder walls off, especially on e85. The 1000s I got now idle like stock. 1300 should be very similar. Was about to go with 1700s, but anything over 1300 range takes running pump gas out of the equation, if for some reason I wasn't around e85.

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
Hmm...if you changed all those parameters in kpro, it should be close. Sounds like your ICV is stuck. Shit gets gummed up fairly often. Depends on injector size/brand as well. Some ain't worth a shit on a low pulse width...i.e. idle.

Went with FID 1300. Little on the small side, but running a 450 pump at 65 base, 8an feed, should be solid for 600whp.

Also, I'm not completely convinced that a larger injector can idle all that well without washing the cylinder walls off, especially on e85. The 1000s I got now idle like stock. 1300 should be very similar. Was about to go with 1700s, but anything over 1300 range takes running pump gas out of the equation, if for some reason I wasn't around e85.
Very nice. So you shooting for 600+? You should come by sometime and check out the car. I def want a shot at yours when i'm done lol.

·
doing stuff
3,594 Posts
Yeah I'll try cleaning it. The car idled perfectly on the stock injectors while I was NA breaking in the built engine. Then it got a little worse on the ID1000s but I was able to compensate. Now it's much worse with the turbo and 4 bar and adjustments in k-pro aren't getting it completely happy. I also wonder if the 3" exhaust is having an effect (no more back pressure). It was stock exhaust before refitting the turdblo.

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Yeah I'll try cleaning it. The car idled perfectly on the stock injectors while I was NA breaking in the built engine. Then it got a little worse on the ID1000s but I was able to compensate. Now it's much worse with the turbo and 4 bar and adjustments in k-pro aren't getting it completely happy. I also wonder if the 3" exhaust is having an effect (no more back pressure). It was stock exhaust before refitting the turdblo.
Crazy, I've got same setup and it's dead nuts solid. Vacuum leak? Should be around -20" at idle. Maybe put the oem MAP back on and see if it changes.

·
doing stuff
3,594 Posts
Crazy, I've got same setup and it's dead nuts solid. Vacuum leak? Should be around -20" at idle. Maybe put the oem MAP back on and see if it changes.
I have the ID1000s set to 900cc as I read somewhere. Did I need to do anything with Injector Voltage Compensation? I didn't touch that. What were your values for ID1000 in thar?

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
I have the ID1000s set to 900cc as I read somewhere. Did I need to do anything with Injector Voltage Compensation? I didn't touch that. What were your values for ID1000 in thar?
Yes and you do need to enter information in on the compensation tabs. Heres a pic I took yesterday setting up my 1300s. I believe if you click on the "injector voltage comp (dead time) quick select", ID 1000s are listed there. Just select them on that popup box and it should be close enough. If not, you need to enter the values in on the sheet provided with the injectors...I'm running 60psi base on 1300s, should hold up for a lil more power :shady:

Typically, you will still need to dial in your injectors a good bit, entering the new value in kpro dont seem to be enough to keep it from -20% trims.

Side note, post image seems pretty damn good. Fuck photobucket :firemad:

·
doing stuff
3,594 Posts
Yes and you do need to enter information in on the compensation tabs. Heres a pic I took yesterday setting up my 1300s. I believe if you click on the "injector voltage comp (dead time) quick select", ID 1000s are listed there. Just select them on that popup box and it should be close enough. If not, you need to enter the values in on the sheet provided with the injectors...I'm running 60psi base on 1300s, should hold up for a lil more power :shady:

Typically, you will still need to dial in your injectors a good bit, entering the new value in kpro dont seem to be enough to keep it from -20% trims.

Side note, post image seems pretty damn good. Fuck photobucket :firemad:
Awesome man! Thanks!! I did figure one thing out that helped hugely. I adjusted my fpr to 54psi. It was down just below 50 and I think it was causing lean idle. As soon as I turned it up the idle got WAY smoother. I'll definitely update the values on dead times too, but she's purring much better now.

Fuel pressure is kind of a mystery to me. I've never re-tuned after installing full fuel return system so my tune is off the stock returnless fuel pressure. I really don't know where the base setting should sit before further tuning. Do you recommend a value for ~450 hp with my injectors on a gt30?

561 - 580 of 1096 Posts