Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1111 Posts

·
Shazaam
4,599 Posts
The only issue that fullrace said with the G series is the limited ar housings. I don’t really want to have to buy a new manifold right now but who knows lol. As for the EFR turbos, they seem to be super popular right now. Can you buy a block off plate for the boost solenoid? Also just from some light reading, it seems that people have been saying the gtx3576 is a more efficient turbo and might be a better route than the gtx 3076

That is the only real issue with the G series turbos but if you only want 500-550 it really shouldn't stop you from achieving your goals. As for the EFR turbos you can block off the blow off valve and run them externally gated.

I run a GTX3076R on my STI and make 28 psi and 475whp by 4300 RPM and it holds all the way to 7500 RPM. It's a great little turbo and I usually see them top out around 550whp on ethanol. I don't have any firsthand experience with the GTX35 as it always seemed to big for my applications as I don't care for high dyno numbers as much as I do responsiveness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only issue that fullrace said with the G series is the limited ar housings. I don’t really want to have to buy a new manifold right now but who knows lol. As for the EFR turbos, they seem to be super popular right now. Can you buy a block off plate for the boost solenoid? Also just from some light reading, it seems that people have been saying the gtx3576 is a more efficient turbo and might be a better route than the gtx 3076

That is the only real issue with the G series turbos but if you only want 500-550 it really shouldn't stop you from achieving your goals. As for the EFR turbos you can block off the blow off valve and run them externally gated.

I run a GTX3076R on my STI and make 28 psi and 475whp by 4300 RPM and it holds all the way to 7500 RPM. It's a great little turbo and I usually see them top out around 550whp on ethanol. I don't have any firsthand experience with the GTX35 as it always seemed to big for my applications as I don't care for high dyno numbers as much as I do responsiveness.
I’m leaning really towards going the G series route. Their efficiency over the gtx line is incredible. Fullrace can get me the g25-660 .92 ar in a t3 or I can get a guy locally to re do my manifold adapter to a v band and grab a g30-660. So many damn options lol.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Borgwarner. 362 .82 a/r. T3. Or something along those lines.
hey what you up to these days? feel like making a few extra bucks?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Borgwarner. 362 .82 a/r. T3. Or something along those lines.
Ive been looking at this turbo. But something closer to a 1.00 a/r. still havent decided.

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
hey what you up to these days? feel like making a few extra bucks?
Same ol shit. Playing with robots and plcs n shit like that.

What you got brah?

Ive been looking at this turbo. But something closer to a 1.00 a/r. still havent decided
Love mine. No complaints really. Balanced enough with the 2.4l for good mid range. And the e85 timing helps :D

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

What you got brah?

Love mine. No complaints really. Balanced enough with the 2.4l for good mid range. And the e85 timing helps :D
Been thinking about sticking a stock k24 in the car with that turbo and play n pray! Wonder how that turbo will work with a k20 with bumped up compression.

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Been thinking about sticking a stock k24 in the car with that turbo and play n pray! Wonder how that turbo will work with a k20 with bumped up compression.
It'll work great with the k24. I was +450whp stock k24 for years. Only rebuilt as a precaution. Compression good, no excessive wear, anywhere.

Assume it would be equally good in a k20. Depends on goals though.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
It'll work great with the k24. I was +450whp stock k24 for years. Only rebuilt as a precaution. Compression good, no excessive wear, anywhere.

Assume it would be equally good in a OPk20. Depends on goals though.
600 to 700 for a built k20. But going k24 route 450 to 500 would be fun.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts

What you got brah?

same old shit different day. You still in Atown? I'm wanting to put a home gym in the garage so I got to get the rsx finished. Need to get the transmission rebuilt is the big thing. Wanted to see if you had time to look at it. I'm working on trying to get a bunch of people over on october 5th. Work on the car, cook out stuff like that. You're welcome to come and hang if you want. You still have my number?

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
same old shit different day. You still in Atown? I'm wanting to put a home gym in the garage so I got to get the rsx finished. Need to get the transmission rebuilt is the big thing. Wanted to see if you had time to look at it. I'm working on trying to get a bunch of people over on october 5th. Work on the car, cook out stuff like that. You're welcome to come and hang if you want. You still have my number?
Same shit here too. I still around Atown. Been working out of town a lil here and there.

I'll let you know bout the 5th. Sounds like fun though. **57 phone number still?

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Same shit here too. I still around Atown. Been working out of town a lil here and there.

I'll let you know bout the 5th. Sounds like fun though. **57 phone number still?
Yeah has 305 in it? That's the one then. Text me so I have your number. Let me know about the 5th and we can also chat about the tranny stuff.

·
Registered
61,558 Posts
:wavey: anyone here interested in a custom 3 in turbo back kteller exhaust with vibrant turbo muffler? 3 in downpipe. Vband.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
:wavey: anyone here interested in a custom 3 in turbo back kteller exhaust with vibrant turbo muffler? 3 in downpipe. Vband.
pm sent

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
apparently your inbox is full.

·
See me on REAL guitar.
1,413 Posts
Wow I haven’t been on this thing in like so many years.. I still see some originals in here lol

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Transmission Work In Progress... What do you think?

Attachments

1021 - 1040 of 1111 Posts