Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1111 Posts

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Transmission Work In Progress... What do you think?
Getting there. All fun and games till your fuckin fuel line running e85 leaks and peels it up!

Got my new battery mounted. Was running a fit battery, had to upgrade to a lil more cca.

Attachments

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Getting there. All fun and games till your fuckin fuel line running e85 leaks and peels it up!

Got my new battery mounted. Was running a fit battery, had to upgrade to a lil more cca.
Fuck you that looks good. Should have done that with my battery. I'm relocating mine to the trunk. That's the same battery I have. Hit me up I need some help with the tranny internals. I have everything out but need some help on rebuilding it.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts

Kracker when you rebuild your transmission do you replace your needle bearings, oil guide plates, or collar distances?

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Kracker when you rebuild your transmission do you replace your needle bearings, oil guide plates, or collar distances?
For sure. I'm actually starting a new job in 2 weeks, so I'll be around town a good bit more.

Bearings= yes
Guide and collar= I measure to spec and visually inspect. Usually good. But, got to measure all that and check stack spec after replacing any influential components.

That battery fit doesn't have any more for error! Lol. Nothing a few beers didn't fix :D

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
For sure. I'm actually starting a new job in 2 weeks, so I'll be around town a good bit more.

Bearings= yes
Guide and collar= I measure to spec and visually inspect. Usually good. But, got to measure all that and check stack spec after replacing any influential components.

That battery fit doesn't have any more for error! Lol. Nothing a few beers didn't fix :D
Okay well i'm ordering a bunch of stuff i'll just throw in some needle bearings and collar I might as well.

Congrats on the new job I know you'll be happy to be in town more.

Any advice on the transmission work? That's all that's stopping me from putting the motor and stuff in and start putting this sob back together.

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Okay well i'm ordering a bunch of stuff i'll just throw in some needle bearings and collar I might as well.

Congrats on the new job I know you'll be happy to be in town more.

Any advice on the transmission work? That's all that's stopping me from putting the motor and stuff in and start putting this sob back together.
Might need some spacers, but you won't really know what till it's all together and measured.

Oh yeah, too much travel and BS now. I'm out!

Take your time. I used an old HF 12 ton press, worked pretty good. I have a lot of custom made tools and pullers though for the bearings. Everything else ready? 2.0l?

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Might need some spacers, but you won't really know what till it's all together and measured.

Oh yeah, too much travel and BS now. I'm out!

Take your time. I used an old HF 12 ton press, worked pretty good. I have a lot of custom made tools and pullers though for the bearings. Everything else ready? 2.0l?
Now you got me worried talking about measuring clearances and shit :dontknow: :run:

I'm glad you're getting out of that rat race I did that.

I'll have to buy a press I don't have one. Fuck lol. I need to get some bearing pullers and stuff. I never bought any of that because I always figured i'd have someone else do the work.

Yeah it's pretty much ready to start putting back together. I have everything I need. I've already got most of the suspension and shit back on the car. I have Fuel pumps and stuff done. Wires run to the trunk for power and ground. Dynomat and new sound deading laid. Have all new carpets, and seats ready to go in. I know there are small things here and there but for the most part it's ready. Just need to get the tranny finished and bolted to the motor which is done (kmod did it like a year ago lol). Just ready to get this bastard out of my garage it's going on 2 years now... it's getting embarrassing lol.

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Now you got me worried talking about measuring clearances and shit :dontknow: :run:

I'm glad you're getting out of that rat race I did that.

I'll have to buy a press I don't have one. Fuck lol. I need to get some bearing pullers and stuff. I never bought any of that because I always figured i'd have someone else do the work.

Yeah it's pretty much ready to start putting back together. I have everything I need. I've already got most of the suspension and shit back on the car. I have Fuel pumps and stuff done. Wires run to the trunk for power and ground. Dynomat and new sound deading laid. Have all new carpets, and seats ready to go in. I know there are small things here and there but for the most part it's ready. Just need to get the tranny finished and bolted to the motor which is done (kmod did it like a year ago lol). Just ready to get this bastard out of my garage it's going on 2 years now... it's getting embarrassing lol.
Lol. Ain't the end of the world. Honestly, it's not THAT exacting of a science, but can't throw wtf ever in there either.

I would be embarrassed too 😂...I mean, I've put almost 1500 miles on mine in two years :laughat:. Not been on the road too much myself. Enough to run into your brother a while back though.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Lol. Ain't the end of the world. Honestly, it's not THAT exacting of a science, but can't throw wtf ever in there either.

I would be embarrassed too 😂...I mean, I've put almost 1500 miles on mine in two years :laughat:. Not been on the road too much myself. Enough to run into your brother a while back though.
Got to learn at somepoint lol

Lol that's 1500 more miles than I have put on lol. Yeah he said something a while back about seeing you. He has a new convertible 440i he's loving that.

All i know is i'm ready to have my garage back and get this thing on the road.

Fingers crossed :pray: we will see how this goes. I've been watching youtube videos all night about how to rebuild rsx transmissions. Countershaft seems to be a bitch.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Transmission Work In Progress... What do you think?
what did you use to clean the dirt and oil? I have a 5 spd ive got to do the same to after i split it open to check everything

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
what did you use to clean the dirt and oil? I have a 5 spd ive got to do the same to after i split it open to check everything
I'll take some pics and upload them but basically degreaser, purple power, and a pressure washer. Once it was cleaned I primed it and painted it with engine paint. I'll take pics of everything I used so you can see and post it later.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Tranmission work has begun. Got the mainshaft done. Waiting to use a friends press this week to get the countershaft pressed off and back on.

Attachments

·
doing stuff
3,595 Posts
What's up y'all! It's been forever. Still got my RSX. Taking her to Cars and Coffee next Saturday. Still looking sweet since 02. :beerchug:

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
What's up y'all! It's been forever. Still got my RSX. Taking her to Cars and Coffee next Saturday. Still looking sweet since 02. :beerchug:
same ol same ol. Spending more time in the garage than behind the wheel :laughat:

Cars and coffee sounds fun :fistbump:

·
VibrantFinish PowderCoat
466 Posts
16lb or 11.5 lb comp clutch flywheel for turbo rsx? near 450hp/330tq conservative tune. Going with stage 3 segmented ceramic comp clutch. 16lb stock weight will make it more manageable for my dad to drive it right?

·
Boosted K20A3
72 Posts
16lb or 11.5 lb comp clutch flywheel for turbo rsx? near 450hp/330tq conservative tune. Going with stage 3 segmented ceramic comp clutch. 16lb stock weight will make it more manageable for my dad to drive it right?
I have limited experience, but I have the Exedy HF02 with my turbo application. I recommend something heavier to help with drive-ability with boost. I'm still fighting stalling issues during closed throttle decelerations, but I might can fix that with overrun settings (which I don't have on a base PND tune). A heavier flywheel might slow down the RPM drop enough to prevent a stall (mine is pretty much a guaranteed stall if I have A/C on).

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
I have limited experience, but I have the Exedy HF02 with my turbo application. I recommend something heavier to help with drive-ability with boost. I'm still fighting stalling issues during closed throttle decelerations, but I might can fix that with overrun settings (which I don't have on a base PND tune). A heavier flywheel might slow down the RPM drop enough to prevent a stall (mine is pretty much a guaranteed stall if I have A/C on).
What part of SC are you from? I live in Anderson.

·
VibrantFinish PowderCoat
466 Posts
thanks, i ordered a comp stage 3 with their oem weight flywheel. the car currently has a action clutch and 11lb wheel. but its not engaging while running. will swap it next week.

·
GTX35R
30,387 Posts
Quick question hopefully someone can help me. FPR does it go before the fuel rail or after? Also there are 3 fittings (2 8an and 1 6an on the bottom) does it matter which is in and which is out?

1041 - 1060 of 1111 Posts