Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1101 Posts

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
Only before if you stuck with returnless like me :weeeeeeeeee:
I appreciate it. I called Brian yesterday and spoke to him. He told me. Now it's time to work on vacuum setup.

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
G-Vegas! I'll be at the United Way charity car show we're having at my work this Saturday (posted in SC chat) off Pelham Road, if you're interested and free.
I'll see if I can make it. Sounds good. I haven't look at the sc chat thread in forever i'll have to check it out. Bout time to get my car on the road so i'd love to meet up again.

·
Boosted K20A3
65 Posts
I appreciate it. I called Brian yesterday and spoke to him. He told me. Now it's time to work on vacuum setup.
Sorry - just to be clear I was being silly, since there is no "after" in a returnless setup. I haven't opted for a return style yet to give any legitimate feedback on that, but my 900CC injectors have only hit around 60% duty so far at 8-9 psi, so I won't be changing that until I up the boost and run out of fuel with this setup.

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
Sorry - just to be clear I was being silly, since there is no "after" in a returnless setup. I haven't opted for a return style yet to give any legitimate feedback on that, but my 900CC injectors have only hit around 60% duty so far at 8-9 psi, so I won't be changing that until I up the boost and run out of fuel with this setup.
Oh I knew you were being helpful unlike Krackers smart ass but i wouldn't expect less from him lol.

I'm doing a 8an feed with a 6an return and 2000cc injectors lol. Wanted to make sure that I didn't run out of fuel.

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
Oh I knew you were being helpful unlike Krackers smart ass but i wouldn't expect less from him lol.

I'm doing a 8an feed with a 6an return and 2000cc injectors lol. Wanted to make sure that I didn't run out of fuel.
*Blowme**....1300cc at 60 base with walbro 450 = 90% duty cycle.

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
*Blowme**....1300cc at 60 base with walbro 450 = 90% duty cycle.
lmao.... see you stalking around. What you up to these days?

·
Still tuning....
3,836 Posts
lmao.... see you stalking around. What you up to these days?
Stalking. Lol.

Still playing with the Acura. Been spending time on the bimmer now. BM3 stage 2, catless downpipes... playing around with that a little.

Rsx running decent. Need to revisit my boost by gear. Probably gonna get some new tires (for some odd reason) pretty soon.

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
Stalking. Lol.

Still playing with the Acura. Been spending time on the bimmer now. BM3 stage 2, catless downpipes... playing around with that a little.

Rsx running decent. Need to revisit my boost by gear. Probably gonna get some new tires (for some odd reason) pretty soon.
Nice. Getting rid of the bmw and trying to decide what I want next. I'm thinking camaro maybe? Not sure. Ready to get the rsx running though.

·
Boosted K20A3
65 Posts
Since the upstate SC guys are in here now, any recommended local tuners (dyno)? I've been waiting on HPT Autosport for nearly a year since they moved shops and didn't have the dyno up and running, but I haven't checked within the last month to see if they're back available.

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
Since the upstate SC guys are in here now, any recommended local tuners (dyno)? I've been waiting on HPT Autosport for nearly a year since they moved shops and didn't have the dyno up and running, but I haven't checked within the last month to see if they're back available.
No I wish there was. I'm getting Jeff Evans to do a e-tune for me. There is a company in Charleston that does dyno tunes but I don't know anyone local.

·
Registered
752 Posts
After my EP3 being garaged for 1.5 years, I've replated it and did I ever miss driving it. They way I have it set up, you truly feel connected to the road. That say, my DD is a dual pulley B8.5 S4, so the EP3 even with its healthy jdm CTR k20a and transmission just doesn't keep up with today's cars. So I've pick up a full Greddy turbo kit (for next to nothing) to add a bit more enjoyment to it. Planning on installing it over this winter in my garage.

I notice the kit has a strange oil drain line, looks like it connects to the drain bolt location. Do you guys recommend I use this, or drop the subframe remove the oil pan and tap it to a higher location?

·
I Hate Honda's
1,119 Posts
Sooo I finally got turbo RSX project started again tonight. It has the new revised KTuned 90mm TB with IACV, Acuity TPS, yada yada. Car is NOT idle surging like it was on the old 90mm Ktuned, but the idle is steady at 1,100. Hondata KPRO tune is set to idle at 900rpm with the idle duty control slider at the lowest spot. Any further suggestions to get the idle down to 900 steady?

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
Quick question. What do you guys do with your pcv valve? Where did you route it? Also the iacv where did you route those hoses?

·
Boosted K20A3
65 Posts
Quick question. What do you guys do with your pcv valve? Where did you route it? Also the iacv where did you route those hoses?
I took a slightly different approach to still satisfy the original intent of the system.

From the PCV, mine goes to a catch can. From the catch can, I have a tee and it goes to the original intake manifold port and the compressor inlet. On each of those two lines, I have a PCV system rated check valve (UPR check valve).

Doing it the way I did ensures that there will always be a pressure differential supporting crankcase ventilation (IM at low RPM, and compressor inlet at higher RPM). The two check valves essentially turn off whichever side is helping less or hurting it, such as the IM under boost.

IACV hoses? Do you mean the coolant lines for the throttle body heater in the IACV? If so, you can typically skip those in climates that don’t frequently see freezing temps. I bypassed mine so that I could use those ports for water cooling the turbo. My IACV lines are just open, but I probably should have capped them to make sure it doesn’t rust or anything inside it.

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
I took a slightly different approach to still satisfy the original intent of the system.

From the PCV, mine goes to a catch can. From the catch can, I have a tee and it goes to the original intake manifold port and the compressor inlet. On each of those two lines, I have a PCV system rated check valve (UPR check valve).

Doing it the way I did ensures that there will always be a pressure differential supporting crankcase ventilation (IM at low RPM, and compressor inlet at higher RPM). The two check valves essentially turn off whichever side is helping less or hurting it, such as the IM under boost.

IACV hoses? Do you mean the coolant lines for the throttle body heater in the IACV? If so, you can typically skip those in climates that don’t frequently see freezing temps. I bypassed mine so that I could use those ports for water cooling the turbo. My IACV lines are just open, but I probably should have capped them to make sure it doesn’t rust or anything inside it.
Can you post some pics?

My issue is I don't have stock IM port because I went with a Skunk2 Manifold. Okay ill cap my iacv port.

·
Boosted K20A3
65 Posts
These pics don't show all of it, but maybe they help? (Disclaimer - these pics were when I was test fitting it, so some of my misc. hoses aren't fully connected yet)

The hose connecting to the PCV system runs across the front into the catch can, and the large brass tee on the outlet of the catch can is the tee I referred to. There's another small tee you can see in there, but that's unrelated to the PCV system - IIRC it's for the BOV, since I can't exactly tap a hole in my plastic manifold and needed another IM reference line.

·
GTX35R
30,385 Posts
These pics don't show all of it, but maybe they help? (Disclaimer - these pics were when I was test fitting it, so some of my misc. hoses aren't fully connected yet)

The hose connecting to the PCV system runs across the front into the catch can, and the large brass tee on the outlet of the catch can is the tee I referred to. There's another small tee you can see in there, but that's unrelated to the PCV system - IIRC it's for the BOV, since I can't exactly tap a hole in my plastic manifold and needed another IM reference line.

Wow. yeah that helps and makes me more confused lol. I'm going to have to take some pictures of what i'm confused on and maybe you guys could help.

1061 - 1080 of 1101 Posts