Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm starting to look into a turbo exhaust for my type-s, and need some advice on what to do. I probably wont shell out the money for a full turbo exhaust (thermal, magnaflow etc). I'm definitely going to have a mainpipe rigged up by an exhaust shop from the cat back to a 2.5 inch rear section w/ a 3inch turbo muffler (don't ask, thats how it came haha).

My main question is if I should run a 2.5/2.75 inch mainpipe straight thru with no resonator, or if I should get a 3 inch mainpipe with a resonator made. I'm in Socal where the cops are a pain in the ass, so I have to worry about loudness issues. I want to get the most gains from the exhaust but I also don't want to get pulled over for the noise.

· K series tuning liberator
2,364 Posts
3in mandrel bent w/3in testpipe (or high flow cat) w/ resonator and a good turbo muffler. I use this setup with a 3in testpipe w/no resonator. I also use a APEXi N1 80mm in/out w/115mm tip turbo muffler. The gains from this setup are amazing and the sound is completly sick. It's a very low rumble w/ the perfect turbo sound in the exhaust note. It sounds nothing like it did when it was N/A.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it get excessively loud up to around 3000 rpm w/o the resonator? (gotta worry about the damn sound laws and hood popping cops here) Hoping the kit will pass carb before i have to get the car smogged... I guess my best option right now is to run a 2.75-3 inch straight through to a resonator, but I'm hoping to spend under $250 to have that mainpipe w/resonator made.

· K series tuning liberator
2,364 Posts
that is about what it will cost...plus about 210 for the APEXi turbo N1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.