Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I’ve been looking throughout the internet to find a good turbo kit for my k24 02 Type S. Ive seen a bunch of Chinese kits and what not on eBay. (I don’t have good experiences with those) All the good and reliable brands like Greddy and Cybernation have either discontinued or gone belly up. 2 kits I’ve been looking at in particular were the CXracing and the turbonetics kit(s) on eBay. Had some experience with the turbonetics kits for a different car and it seemed to be alright and CXracing I don’t even know about. If any of you boosted guys could give me some recommendations on good reliable kits please let me know. Also open to superchargers if there is any good ones of those!

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,678 Posts
I am also looking to boost my rsx im looking at the cxracing kit aswell
CXRacing is what we would refer to as an "eBay special." I get that the price is appealing, but you get what you pay for...

EDIT: To be fair, the CXRacing kit is probably one of the better cheap turbo kits out there. It's definitely preferable to some complete, no-name garbage from eBay. Still though, I've heard lots of stories of the manifold and BOV in the CX kit not being the best, although I haven't heard much recently, so I don't know if they've gotten better or worse over the years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
CXRacing is what we would refer to as an "eBay special." I get that the price is appealing, but you get what you pay for...

EDIT: To be fair, the CXRacing kit is probably one of the better cheap turbo kits out there. It's definitely preferable to some complete, no-name garbage from eBay. Still though, I've heard lots of stories of the manifold and BOV in the CX kit not being the best, although I haven't heard much recently, so I don't know if they've gotten better or worse over the years.
Black friday sale on cx racing website rn might just have to do it up. They offer a more expensive kit with a heavy duty manifold and also have the option for a bigger turbo aswell. You think it would be worth it to get those upgrades or just get the cheap shit and upgrade if it breaks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts