Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out tomorrow to visit my parents down in south Florida,which is like a 10 hour drive. So I was wondering if long drives like this one are going to be hard on the turbo, and if I should take extra precaution measurements like stopping every 3 hours to let the turbo cool down or something like that.
All I have as far as gauges is an EGT gauge and boost, so that's all that I can monitor
thanks

·
1st Boosted RSX in DFW
124 Posts
Dont know but im taking an 18 HR or longer trip from CA to TX soon ...So im wondering also...:driving:

·
K series tuning liberator
2,364 Posts
change the oil before you go!!! i say bring some needle nose pliers, and some electrical tape.....you never know when the wires on the ECU could come loose!! Also bring a couple of basic tools with you if u have them. At least a metric rachet set with all the extensions. I am not trying to scare you, but whenever u have a moderatly modded car, u never know what little stupid shit can happen, it's always something small even on the nicest cars. Power costs money! So be on the safe side, i know it sounds like overkill, but if something were to happen and u didn't have what u needed to fix something little, that little problem becomes a big problem, and u are gonna wish u had those couple of basic things to fix the issue. Happy Holidays man! drive safe!

·
Registered
62 Posts
teamxrsx said:
change the oil before you go!!! i say bring some needle nose pliers, and some electrical tape.....you never know when the wires on the ECU could come loose!! Also bring a couple of basic tools with you if u have them. At least a metric rachet set with all the extensions. I am not trying to scare you, but whenever u have a moderatly modded car, u never know what little stupid shit can happen, it's always something small even on the nicest cars. Power costs money! So be on the safe side, i know it sounds like overkill, but if something were to happen and u didn't have what u needed to fix something little, that little problem becomes a big problem, and u are gonna wish u had those couple of basic things to fix the issue. Happy Holidays man! drive safe!
:thumbsup:

·
Senior Member My Ass
773 Posts
in some places and states they only offer a certain grade of gas(octane) if u end up having to get say 91 octane from an unknown gas station then u may have detonation issues if u don't add the booster. it happend to me and a few friends on our way out to ATL. we were only able to get gas at a few back country kind of places and until we added booster our cars started detonating nonstop.

·
Banned
721 Posts
isnt the kit designed for 91 octane? Here in CA thats the best gas we have.

·
2,364 Posts
i have a sunoco gas station just outside my neiborhood with 100 octane at the pump....i use it all the time....that shit rocks when you have a turbo!!!!!!! expensive though, $3.99 a gallon....ewww

·
2,364 Posts
Jacksonville, Fl

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have a sunoco gas station just outside my neiborhood with 100 octane at the pump....i use it all the time....that shit rocks when you have a turbo!!!!!!! expensive though, $3.99 a gallon....ewww

Be careful with the race gas it will clog your expensive O2 sensor after a while.

·
Senior Member My Ass
773 Posts
CyberJason said:

Be careful with the race gas it will clog your expensive O2 sensor after a while.
you beat me to it jason. it will fugg up your o2 senor if u use it on a daily basis. same goes for the booster.
pyro: yes the kit is designed for 91octane. some places advertise high grade octanes but it could be crappy. i'm just saying if u "absolutely have to" purchase gas from a backwoods kind of station throw in some booster with it because more than likely on a long distance trip that will be your only option if u don't want to go a few miles out of the way to find a mobil or shell station.

·
2,364 Posts
oh, i don't run it everyday....did you see the price???

·
2,364 Posts
it's not as bad as you think though....running 40 bottles of N20 through my car in less than a year did not hurt my O2....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.