Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Poopra 'O Doom
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a base RSX, and I haven't seen ANY turbo or sc kits for the base RSx. Are there any out there? If not, what are the parts and recommended turbo to get me over 350hp? I have already installed an AEM V2 CAI, Tanabe Medallion SM exhaust and Dc sports headers, so that already adds alot of hp/tq, already. I'm guessing right now my car is at about 215, 220 hp, and I can't estimate the TQ. Also, I was thinking about sending in my ECU to Hondata to be reflashed. How much hp/tq does that add on average on a totally base RSX? BTW, I have searched for this, and came up with nothing.

·
EaSt COaSt PiMp
321 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
you obviously have no idea what you are getting yourself into and I don't think you are ready for a turbo just yet. Do a little more research. 215-220hp on a base rsx with just 3 bolt ons? haha...even if it was from the flywheel...55hp for 3 bolt ons....

oh yeah, and there are 2 people on this board who have turbos on their base. Me being one, and yeahi being another

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
You do not have 215hp at the flywheel, much less on the ground. You quest for 350hp is probably going to take more money than you're willing to spend in the long run.

·
5,022 Posts
By this guy's reasoning, then I should be pushing close to 350WHP. I mean the CAI adds 15, the ECU adds 20, the car stock is 200, the JRSC adds 100, hotwires 10. Damn, I have a beast of a machine and I didn't even know it. I wonder if we all start out like this. I think I did once.

·
Registered
429 Posts
EternalRSX how much are you putting down to the ground with the stage 3?

·
Registered
42 Posts
SledgeHammer said:
Ok, I have a base RSX, and I haven't seen ANY turbo or sc kits for the base RSx. Are there any out there? If not, what are the parts and recommended turbo to get me over 350hp? I have already installed an AEM V2 CAI, Tanabe Medallion SM exhaust and Dc sports headers, so that already adds alot of hp/tq, already. I'm guessing right now my car is at about 215, 220 hp, and I can't estimate the TQ. Also, I was thinking about sending in my ECU to Hondata to be reflashed. How much hp/tq does that add on average on a totally base RSX? BTW, I have searched for this, and came up with nothing.
Search, search, search, read, read, read, read, read. You are not ready for turbo.

·
Registered
518 Posts
220 on those bolt on LOL! My eclipse must be putting down 800 to the wheels and 1000 at the crank with that math. Hell my stock type S is probably putting down 250 with the parking permit from my fiance's work.

Ok seriously now. You need to do a lot of research. You have some serious studying to do if you are going to go turbo with the knowledge you have. The good news is you are at the right place. There are lots of knowledgeable people here and if you want 350hp and have deep pockets you can do it. Best of luck to you.

The Wicked MOnkey

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
EternalRSX said:
you obviously have no idea what you are getting yourself into and I don't think you are ready for a turbo just yet. Do a little more research. 215-220hp on a base rsx with just 3 bolt ons? haha...even if it was from the flywheel...55hp for 3 bolt ons....

oh yeah, and there are 2 people on this board who have turbos on their base. Me being one, and yeahi being another
what other bolt ons do you need for a turbo on a base?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.