Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my cuzin used to have an eagle talon and it had a on/off turbo button, where can i find one for my rsx

thx :spin:

·
Registered
50 Posts
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
35 Posts
ya know - I had a friend a while ago that owned a '91 Probe GT turbo. On the center console on those cars, there was a switch for the suspension settings... either 'sport' and 'normal' (or something like that), and he sincerely thought that it was for the turbo....

crazy.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have one in my garage....I sell it $65.00, shipped.

Where you live?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Alll turbo come with an on/off button...its called not giving the car gas

·
Registered
295 Posts
this is a funny thread...

·
Remember
1,929 Posts
Maybe it's like a performance button. I had a car with one of those. Some companies call it nomal/performance, some normal/economy (like my girlfriend's Camry).

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
Wow, this thread rules.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
i dont think theres anything out like this but im sure u could fab. something....just get a button wired up to the wastegate so it doesnt allow any boost from the turbine into system....

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
bwhahahaha....

Kitt......Super Boost.....NOW!!!!

WHOOOSH!!!!

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
k20alex said:
is that actually possible?...in all seriousness
I don't see why not...or just get an electronic boost controller and have it switch between two different profiles, one for open wastegate and the other for boost...the only problem would be that you would have to also need two different profiles for your tune ie timing, fuel etc...

I don't have the greddy kit but from what I understand with the e-manage you have a low ang high boost setting correct? Where you set the high boost to come in at say 75% throttle. If so, you could set the high boost to a normal boost setting and have it come on at say 90% throttle and have the low boost setting boost absolutely nothing, that way if you wanted to you could drive around with no boost at all most of the time unless you really wanted to get on the gas and go...duno, just a thought to add some seriousness to the thread.

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
scottatyamaha said:
Alll turbo come with an on/off button...its called not giving the car gas
Yeah.....lol...it's called the gas pedal.

The emanage can only have a high boost setting and a low boost setting with ignition and fuel maps(cuz it is a boost controller as well as emanage editor), with the optional Profec E-01. If you have the emanage alone and a laptop with the GReddy software, you can re-tune it for a set boost map and boost level, but would have to have two emanages programed to have two boost maps and levels. You would switch between the two whenever you wanted to change settings.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts