Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PIMPIN AINT EZ
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am undecided. Originally, I was going to go with the Jackson Racing Street Supercharger because I wanted to keep the car legal and smogable. But now I hear from friends that have the JRSC, that it is more of a pain than its worth. They tell me that the pulleys keep getting loose and they have to keep adjusting it every month or so. Now the problem is trying to find another form of boosting the car and maintaining it smogable. Originally, I had heard the Greddy kit was legal, but I called them the other day and they told me its not. They said they were still waiting and in the process. I asked how long, and they said it can take a lil while or a long while. So much for that. So now does anyone have any suggestions??????
 

·
...
Joined
·
6,734 Posts
I adjusted the SC belt as the manual stated and have not touched it since. There is no maintenacne involved. Change your oil not that that matters. I prefer the SC over turbo. My opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
chicows18 said:
I am undecided. Originally, I was going to go with the Jackson Racing Street Supercharger because I wanted to keep the car legal and smogable. But now I hear from friends that have the JRSC, that it is more of a pain than its worth. They tell me that the pulleys keep getting loose and they have to keep adjusting it every month or so. Now the problem is trying to find another form of boosting the car and maintaining it smogable. Originally, I had heard the Greddy kit was legal, but I called them the other day and they told me its not. They said they were still waiting and in the process. I asked how long, and they said it can take a lil while or a long while. So much for that. So now does anyone have any suggestions??????
There is a system to be followed when tensioning the serpentine belt for these superchargers; if it is followed, you will RARELY run into a belt slippage problem..
 

·
PIMPIN AINT EZ
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the guy that told me about that problem has his own shop and they install turbos and SC on a day to day basis. He has a Type S and basically told me to stay away from it as he has that problem with the Jackson SC on his car that he did. He says that maybe they need to change the design to fix that problem. Anyone else have that problem???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
chicows18 said:
Well the guy that told me about that problem has his own shop and they install turbos and SC on a day to day basis. He has a Type S and basically told me to stay away from it as he has that problem with the Jackson SC on his car that he did. He says that maybe they need to change the design to fix that problem. Anyone else have that problem???
Hahaha..I also own a performance shop..We specialize in Honda/Acura performance, and also offer full automotive machining services..We have installed countless turbo and supercharged applications (built and stock engines), and I have never run into this problem on the Type S install. I employ an automotive machinist, which is the person that performs 95% of our installs and quality checks the other 5% that he doesn't. The B-series Honda w/a small blower pulley for 11 psi has a very small surface area for the belt to ride on, and even these will not slip if adjusted properly (this was one of our previous shop cars). My personal vehicle now is also a Type S, and I've done multiple Jackson installs on these cars with no problem..

I am not trying to knock your buddies shop or abilities, I just don't want another nasty rumor to get started on the Jackson kit again that is not true; we may not know the entire situation of the install or condition of the vehicle parts before installation.
 

·
PIMPIN AINT EZ
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know. I was sold on the Jackson SC, and now Im kinda scared of buying something so expensive and having problems with it. Has anyone else had any problems with the SC???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
Well I can vouch for bluesiTYPER. I just had my JRSC installed at her shop and they did a PERFECT job!!!!! I have only had it a week and I love it. There prices are great and they are very knowledgeable. I would recommend them to anyone.


Marc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
marcs23 said:
Well I can vouch for bluesiTYPER. I just had my JRSC installed at her shop and they did a PERFECT job!!!!! I have only had it a week and I love it. There prices are great and they are very knowledgeable. I would recommend them to anyone.


Marc

Aww, thanks Marc :wavey:

BTW, Marc, I will be calling you around 4:30ish today :)..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
bluesityper is a girl??? you seem to know alot about cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
ryan34o said:
bluesityper is a girl??? you seem to know alot about cars
Haha..Yeah I am a girl :laughing: ..everyone seems a little shocked at first..
And yes, I own a machine/performance business..I've been dealing with these imports for many years now, I know more than you can imagine ;)

Thank you for the compliment, BTW :D
 

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
:thumbsup: girls with car knowledge
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top