Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could some one give me some advice. In the future I am looking into dropping a turbo into my 2k4 rsx-s. And I have a few questions. What are the differences between stage 1-2-3 should I start with a stage one and move up? Also what brand turbo should I go with(greddy and spoon are what i have heard of) also what upgrades are recommended before I go turbo, I know the basics(front mount inter cooler, exhaust, intake, new headers) Also could some one explain to me the difference between a turbo charger and a turbo kit. Is it recommended to have a turbo kit before you turbo charge? also how much hp on average does a turbo add to your car. I know I asked alot of questions I just want to get the information so I dont look like a total moron. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
49 Posts
y the hell would u want to go straight to 2 or 3 right off the bat? after u do that ull need to upgrade stock internals. all this will = lots of $$$$. i asked a similar q's when i first joined. read the stickys on the forum theyll give u the answers to most of ur q's.

i think ur thinkin of srt-4s and how u can skip stage 1 if u want, but not for the rsx.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Stage 1 is a subset of stage 2. You can't skip it, because 2 includes everything that 1 has.

Read the stickes, the ask CN/Greddy threads and websites, etc, and howstuffworks. A turbocharger is usually just the turbine itself. When you say "kit," you're talking about the supporting piping, manifold, electronics, etc.

But yeah, read howstuffworks, search here, read stickies and CN/Greddy's websites.

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
lockdown...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.