Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a used turbo rsx type s and have came to the realization that they're not easy to find anymore. Do you think it'd be easier/better to find a nice low mile type-s and build it myself, or keep looking for a used one that's already built. Looking to spend less than 20k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's your power goal? I just installed a cheap $880 EMUSA turbo kit on my 06 type-s with 177k miles. Makes 296hp, and it's quick lol. I went for a cheap eBay style build, and man it's fun. Cheap 1000cc injectors, cheap stage 4 clutch, walboro 255. Just do all the work yourself and it's not too much at all. My whole turbo build plus a tune was like $2500-$3000. Bro if I had a budget like you of just "less than 20k" you could build a 5 or 6 hundred horse power machine easily. If you don't want super cheap, Full Race makes some banger kits, or check out Humble Performance. They got vids of it making 600 on a stock long block. Pretty insane. Even if you don't want to do the work, a shop near me says they'd make a full turbo kit from the grand up installed for around 7-8k. You got some options.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's your power goal? I just installed a cheap $880 EMUSA turbo kit on my 06 type-s with 177k miles. Makes 296hp, and it's quick lol. I went for a cheap eBay style build, and man it's fun. Cheap 1000cc injectors, cheap stage 4 clutch, walboro 255. Just do all the work yourself and it's not too much at all. My whole turbo build plus a tune was like $2500-$3000. Bro if I had a budget like you of just "less than 20k" you could build a 5 or 6 hundred horse power machine easily. If you don't want super cheap, Full Race makes some banger kits, or check out Humble Performance. They got vids of it making 600 on a stock long block. Pretty insane. Even if you don't want to do the work, a shop near me says they'd make a full turbo kit from the grand up installed for around 7-8k. You got some options.
Thanks man. 296whp isn't bad at all. I'd like to make as much power as I can, but also be able to drive it to work every now and then. Do you daily yours?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks man. 296whp isn't bad at all. I'd like to make as much power as I can, but also be able to drive it to work every now and then. Do you daily yours?
Yeah I daily it. Has a good tune on it, and I have no issues. I make sure bolts are tight every now and then but it's all good. Just install it right the first time. I rushed some stuff and had to fix it over time.

·
:)
15,537 Posts
I was looking for a used turbo rsx type s and have came to the realization that they're not easy to find anymore. Do you think it'd be easier/better to find a nice low mile type-s and build it myself, or keep looking for a used one that's already built. Looking to spend less than 20k.
Have you looked at my turbo rsx for sale? lol

·
:)
15,537 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts