Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
baby buffett
Joined
·
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*edited* post if you want to
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
---------------------------------------------------------
iirnited
people may not be intimidated, but after you smoke the turbo with your na the person would think twice (if modded right)
----------------------------------------------------------

the fastest turbo rsx ive seen ran a 12.7 and i dont think any n/a rsx has come close to that yet, so i dont think thatl happen
 

·
Owner of Racecoated
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
SaCH-420 said:
NATURALLY ASPIRATED:

Advantages:
1.Can upgrade in stages
2.Keep engine reliability (For bolt ons, when want REAL power, reliability goes out the window)
3.No worries about engine catching fire, blowing out, etc. (Read above)
4.Maintain warranty (at lower levels of upgrading)
5.Less need of l.s.d (Not true, traction is good in all cars.)
6.Costs less (AT FIRST)
7.No worry about gauges and electronics (Only if you don't know what to look for.)

Disadvantages:
1.Costs alot of money at later stages of upgrading (Earlier, not later stages)
2.Less WHP than with F/I
3.Less performance at the track, unless you go crazy with upgrading.
4.Intimidates people less (Only if 2 is true)


FORCED INDUCTION:

Advantages:
1. Money/ Horsepower ratio is a HECK of alot better
2. Much more upgradable
3. Put WRXs and SRT-4s in their place (Does that matter?)
4. Lower 1/4 mile times
5. Get respect for all the work you did (Because boring out a block, porting and polishing it, are crap and don't deserve respect?)



disadvantages:
1. Loose an amount of reliability (Same as you would with the same NA power)
2. Have to worry about oil pressure and there is much more work involved in maintaining your car. (Yeah, you have to change the oil sooner and check your plugs more often. Wow, that sucks! :rolleyes: )
3. Lot of work in general (Only to install)
4. Cost for begining turbo upgrade is alot
5. Need L.S.D (As much as you do for the same power from an NA car)
Unfortunately your lack of knowledge about both is very apparent. These points aren't correct, sorry.

(I've added my comments in the above quote.)

The point is this (and I'm sorry if I'm sounding rude, I'm just trying to inform) 300hp NA and 300hp FI still equals 300hp on the engine and components. It doesn't matter where it comes from. Yes, different components are being stressed but there are pieces that both will wear equally.

Since no one's making NA engines that can hang with FI, there's no comparison. When (if) Hytech releases their NA kit, then REAL discussions can be had. Right now, it's all undeducated speculation.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
Hondata reflash-(VTEC to 3600, Redline to 8600)

Sach420, I saw the above in your sig. What the hell is it?

And dammit, your redline doesn't change. Or are you planning on Hondata getting you a new cluster with an 8600 REDLINE?
 

·
baby buffett
Joined
·
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its the reflach that comes with the TODA package
 

·
I Luv It
Joined
·
230 Posts
dcsk8tr said:
---------------------------------------------------------
iirnited
people may not be intimidated, but after you smoke the turbo with your na the person would think twice (if modded right)
----------------------------------------------------------

the fastest turbo rsx ive seen ran a 12.7 and i dont think any n/a rsx has come close to that yet, so i dont think thatl happen
Acutally an n/a rsx did come close to that. It was edo and he hit 13.1 and he was also on slicks just like xcell who did the 12.7 with cybernations stage 1
 

·
Senior Pimp
Joined
·
135 Posts
kurrupt999 said:
Acutally an n/a rsx did come close to that. It was edo and he hit 13.1 and he was also on slicks just like xcell who did the 12.7 with cybernations stage 1
you know i think it all comes down to preference... you don't really need 350whp to drive around the track... 250whp all motor might even be more useful due to it's responsiveness... but in a drag racing point of view, turbo's F/I is unbeatable... that's that... don't bother comparing all motor vs F/I... F/I no matter what will simply make more power overall... and consider the CN guy who ran 12.7 admits himself he can probably do even better... but it's really preference IMO... run 12s all motor.. or run 12s turbo... your paycheck is the one who decides...
 
Joined
·
5,340 Posts
Driving a turbocharged car on the street is a lot better than driving a NA car down the street. :laughing: You get more looks cause the intercooler, and just hearing the turbo spool up and the blow off valve releasing air is a blast. I would turbocharge almost any car I fix up now.

NA gets :thumbsup:
Turbo gets :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
I Luv It
Joined
·
230 Posts
rsxlerate said:
you know i think it all comes down to preference... you don't really need 350whp to drive around the track... 250whp all motor might even be more useful due to it's responsiveness... but in a drag racing point of view, turbo's F/I is unbeatable... that's that... don't bother comparing all motor vs F/I... F/I no matter what will simply make more power overall... and consider the CN guy who ran 12.7 admits himself he can probably do even better... but it's really preference IMO... run 12s all motor.. or run 12s turbo... your paycheck is the one who decides...
Oh yea i know thats true i also think that f/i is the way to go on the track and it is much easier to push hp out of an engine and much easier to mod. I wasnt saying f/i is the inferior type of engine at all, but they both have their pros and cons.
 

·
Senior Pimp
Joined
·
135 Posts
yup there's always pro's and cons of course... honestly if i had the choice i'd go all motor for road racing all the way.. especially with over a 9,000rpm fuel cutoff, loads of fun when your screaming by your opponent on a turn.

but for pure drag racing, turbo all the way.. cant beat 300+hp!
 

·
baby buffett
Joined
·
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow thanks steve. Everyone Knows what I meant, but thank you for being a smarta$$. I know the difference between the Revlimiter and the redline, that has got to be the biggest waste of post I've ever seen.
 

·
baby buffett
Joined
·
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was a good topic to begin with, I mean I wanted to organize it all up, take Ur civic and get outta here, why are u here?
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top