1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Owner of Racecoated
1,478 Posts
SaCH-420 said:
NATURALLY ASPIRATED:

Advantages:
1.Can upgrade in stages
2.Keep engine reliability (For bolt ons, when want REAL power, reliability goes out the window)
3.No worries about engine catching fire, blowing out, etc. (Read above)
4.Maintain warranty (at lower levels of upgrading)
5.Less need of l.s.d (Not true, traction is good in all cars.)
6.Costs less (AT FIRST)
7.No worry about gauges and electronics (Only if you don't know what to look for.)

Disadvantages:
1.Costs alot of money at later stages of upgrading (Earlier, not later stages)
2.Less WHP than with F/I
3.Less performance at the track, unless you go crazy with upgrading.
4.Intimidates people less (Only if 2 is true)

FORCED INDUCTION:

Advantages:
1. Money/ Horsepower ratio is a HECK of alot better
2. Much more upgradable
3. Put WRXs and SRT-4s in their place (Does that matter?)
4. Lower 1/4 mile times
5. Get respect for all the work you did (Because boring out a block, porting and polishing it, are crap and don't deserve respect?)

disadvantages:
1. Loose an amount of reliability (Same as you would with the same NA power)
2. Have to worry about oil pressure and there is much more work involved in maintaining your car. (Yeah, you have to change the oil sooner and check your plugs more often. Wow, that sucks! :rolleyes: )
3. Lot of work in general (Only to install)
4. Cost for begining turbo upgrade is alot
5. Need L.S.D (As much as you do for the same power from an NA car)
Unfortunately your lack of knowledge about both is very apparent. These points aren't correct, sorry.

(I've added my comments in the above quote.)

The point is this (and I'm sorry if I'm sounding rude, I'm just trying to inform) 300hp NA and 300hp FI still equals 300hp on the engine and components. It doesn't matter where it comes from. Yes, different components are being stressed but there are pieces that both will wear equally.

Since no one's making NA engines that can hang with FI, there's no comparison. When (if) Hytech releases their NA kit, then REAL discussions can be had. Right now, it's all undeducated speculation.

Steve

·
Owner of Racecoated
1,478 Posts
Very good points. I think the real issue is that the thread starter is naive and lacks knowledge (that I'm sure you'll gain over time).

Comments like "redline" and "civic engine" are prime examples of that.

And yes, the EP3 does come with the K20A3, similar to the base RSX K20A3 (different intake runners among other things) same power out put, more torque on the RSX.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.