Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
SaCH-420 said:
It was a good topic to begin with, I mean I wanted to organize it all up, take Ur civic and get outta here, why are u here?
How about, why are you here? Obviously you can't read, or when you do, you don't retain anything b/c all of the questions you ask have already been answered. And Steve actually knows what he's talking about so you should be thankful he's on here.

Oh and while we're nitpicking, you need to add another 'o' to the 'to' in you sig.

I cant choose between Toda and Turbo--Hytech is to much $$$

·
Registered
3 Posts
this entire topic is a question that has been asked time and time again. the problem is, there is no right answer. it really depends on a persons' automotive interest. with that said, let me give my two cents:

i, personally, autoX and run canyons, and through experience, i believe N/A is the better choice for these type of activities. i noticed a very biased comment about N/A on the topic of LSD. let me clarify that lsd is not for the sole purpose of better launching. let me quote Kaaz:

when the car is turning at higher speeds, the car will tilt to one side, and you hear the squelching sound. The car doesn't tilt as much as you see in the action movies, but tilting still occurs. When this happens, the normal differential puts more power on the wheel that is in the air, which is useless until the car is out of the turn. This is where a KAAZ L.S.D. can help to reduce the loss of power transferred to the wheel.

As you may already know, a race driver wins their race from gaining time when they are cornering. For this reason, many car manufacturers keep trying to make cars turn more efficiently at a faster speed without slipping out of course.

http://www.kaazusa.com/features.html

N/A is also good for autoX because of several other benefits. N/A does not add any weight. though many of you laugh about this, it is true that every pound you can save is worth it. why else would a person buy a carbon fiber hood? if you say for looks, again thats another view, not N/A nor turbo, but show. but think about it, you take out the cams and replace them with new ones. same with valve springs, throttle body, port and polish, etc. weight addition is minimal to none. place a turbine, an intercooler, blow-off valve, etc. your adding unwanted weight. another advantage of N/A over turbo is turbo lag. you wait for the turbo to spool then comes in the power. many of you say its not much but with the constant shifting throughout the track, this lag could be costly. N/A is the obvious choice when it comes to track, simply why all the rsx's today that compete in autoX are N/A. (i.e. realtime rsx).

however, it's not say turbo is bad. turbo is a good upgrade to any engine if horsepower is strictly what you need. when it comes to horsepower, F/I is the way to go. no N/A can ever compete with a twin turbocharged NSX engine (AEM rwd civic). but thats drag, which is fun too, but not my cup of tea. when it comes to money to horsepower ratio, again turbo wins here. for the price of a a toda kit, along with CAI, headers, exhaust, pistons, and the like, you can get a Greddy turbo kit and intercooler, with a HKS super sesquential blowoff valve, and maybe even a boost controller. the power difference would go hands down to the turbo kit.

so, now you've seen my views. personally, i'm an N/A guy. but thats just because of what i do and how i think. if anyone else disagrees with me its because you think differently than i do. before i end this, i want to say something about that comment on steve's civic. just because the k20a3 came out on the base rsx first doesn't limit it to an "rsx engine." if steve is driving the ep3 then the engine is same as the base rsx. you can't say 'i thought he was running the "civic engine"' because the civic si came with a k20a in the first place, what "civic engine" could you be refering to?

·
Owner of Racecoated
1,088 Posts
Very good points. I think the real issue is that the thread starter is naive and lacks knowledge (that I'm sure you'll gain over time).

Comments like "redline" and "civic engine" are prime examples of that.

And yes, the EP3 does come with the K20A3, similar to the base RSX K20A3 (different intake runners among other things) same power out put, more torque on the RSX.

Steve

·
baby buffett
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
are u2 the same people? Both in twinsburg, lets race. Im right down SOM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
With an N/A your limited to get a certain amount of HP for your car, with a TURBO, you can keep goin and goin and goin. There are no limits to how much power, just how much BEJAMIN$ and how deep your pockets are. Ive also got a 300zx TT, and My car runs like no other, but sometimes you want to add alittle more like a front mount intercooler, bigger turbines, etc...

But it all depends on the driver not the opinions...

PEACE!

Tony-PR

·
You really paid for that?
1,564 Posts
My personal thoughts, I used to have a bias opinion on which was better. Ask me a few monthes ago I would have said TURBO TURBO TURBO. But it takes a lot more knowledge, money and planing in order to build a respectable NA motor. Anyone can just add pistions and rods, sleeve a block , slap a big turbo on there and run 500 Hp... however, it takes skill to build a good NA motor.

However at the moment the K series motor is still young and not that many companys have had time to come out with good products for the car. Givin time, I am sure that the K will have just as much potential as a B motor NA

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.